Chapter 14: Quell Under Attack! Welcome New Heroes!

~July 22nd, 6:00 pm, Quell Space~

The Architect has set her sights for the edge of Alliance space. For the past six years the Alliance has been at war with the Rodger's Victorian. During the Hive outbreak during 2089, the Victorian's capital was saved by the Alliance, but the Victorian betrayed the Alliance.

Currently, Quell is lead by Lucine and general Photon. Photon has enlisted the help of countless smugglers, pirates, and mercenaries to keep the Victorian at bay. The Architect was preparing to attack Photon's fleet. His second in command, Parker, was with him, but briefing the hired guns on their plan to defeat the Victorian fleet stationed at a nearby mining outpost. "You want us to smuggle a fucking nuke into Victorian space?!" A smuggler captain asked in shock. "Captain Tule, I would refrain from your current course." Parker said displeased. "How about we don't nuke a mining facility." A mercenary suggested. "Miss Jill, we don't have the resources to continue this war, much less capture and maintain that outpost." Parker said. "I'm all for blowing it up!" A pirate leader said. "Of course you are, Jake." Jill and Tule said. "How about we just smuggle the nuke, detonate the nuke, and then attack the survivors?" Parker asked getting agitated. "Fine." The three hired guns said at the same time. 

"CLYDE, fire one shot at Photon's command ship." The Architect said. CLYDE 2.0 rolled over to the 'fire' button and pressed it. A large hole was blasted into Photon's ship. Photon's ship was a Class-AA Hydra Class Command Ship. A hydra class has a rectangular prism for a body. On that body, there's a bridge on the 'north' side, 50 cannons on each side. On the bottom, there's two small diagonal wings facing downwards and two large wings facing forwards that were attached to the tips of the smaller ones. The wings also have laser cannons that cut through almost every known ship. On the front, there's a slant with a PBC built in. Finally, the engines are on the back. The engines are circular and are the second fastest in the Alliance. "All cannons fire at The Architect's ship!" Photon ordered into the ship's intercom. 

"Get to your ships, now!" Parker ordered. Jill has the fastest star fighter ever made. She calls it the 'Utopia'. Its name comes from her hopes of a utopia. Tule flies the same ship as Tony. Finally, Jake flies the second fastest ship. It's just a smaller version of the Accelerators.

"Can I smuggle that nuke onto The Architect's ship?" Tule asked over the comms system. "That's our last nuke!" Parker yelled. "Do it! I want to see some explosions!" Jake said excited. "I'll provide some cover!" Jill said as she arrived at The Architect's ship and started firing at the cannons. Photon's cannons were able to bring down the ship's shields. Jill managed to blast a hole in the ship after a few bombing runs. "That was close!" Jill said. "How close?" Jake asked. "Please don't say, you'll ruin my luck streak. Never tell me how 'close' we got." Tule said. "I have no more bombs." Jill said. "Thanks for that." Tule said as his ship was shot by one of the cannons. Jake and Jill started firing on the cannons. Tule's ship was breaking. "I got a nuke in here. This isn't really the time or the place to do this!" Tule yelled as he crashed into The Architect's ship. The nuke was luckily still functional. "You need a pick me up?" Jill asked sarcastically. "I would love one." Tule said as he armed the nuke. "It's not nice to come uninvited." The Architect said as she turned a corner to reveal herself. "Nice... eyes. I don't think you're my type." Tule said.

"Well, you aren't mine either." The Architect said as she summoned her cannon and fired it. Tule jumped out of the way and covered his head. "What are you doing?" The Architect asked. "Nuke." Tule said. "It wasn't hit." The Architect said as she fired again. Tule dodged again, and Jill flew next to the hole. "Hey, bitch, that's my boyfriend!" Jill yelled through her ship's intercom. "What?!" The Architect and Tule asked in shock. Jill fired at The Architect. She allowed the shots to hit, her shields took little to no damage. She charged her cannon once again as Tule was arming the nuke. As soon as it was armed he ran, barely dodging another shot, and jumped out the ship and onto the roof of Jill's ship. "It's an unofficial relationship, mainly because she isn't my type, but sayonara!" Tule shouted as he waved goodbye to The Architect. Jill flew away and he activated the nuke. "This better work." Parker and Photon said into the comms system. The nuke exploded and the attack ended. 

The Architect's body wasn't found. The Alliance didn't say she was dead this time. Jill, Tule, and Jake were awarded for their services. "I can't believe we won!" Jill said to Tule. "I had help from my favorite lass." Tule said looking at Jill. He was actually looking at another girl in the crowd. Jake was just laughing and smiling. "All the glory! All the gold! It's mine! Mine! Mine!" Jake shouted as he imagined himself with a money reward. "We appreciate your service, heroes." Parker said as the three boarded his star fighter. "Where to now, boss?" Tule asked. "We're off to Grotia-2, a familiar robot has found itself there." Parker said. "What robot?" Jill asked. "The Architect calls it CLYDE." Parker said bringing up a file on CLYDE. "It says here that there's two different version, how'd we find that out?" Tule asked as he pointed to a point on the file. "We got that from a familiar face." Parker said. "Who?" Jill and Tule asked curiously. Parker brought up security footage of an interrogation room in Jiltren city. The Architect was wearing mental patient clothes and had restraints on. "They think these will hold me? All I have to do now is wait for my dear CLYDE to free me come to my aid. Not that I need his help. I just want it. To prove he loves me. To prove I'm strong enough to escape because of it." The Architect thought as she grinned and laughed maniacally. "She's insane." Jake said as he watched in horror. "Yea, she is." Parker said. "I love her." Jake said happily.