Chapter 18: We're Not Different, You And I

~October 1st, 2096, The Architect's Spire, interrogation room~

The Architect walked in with her favorite drink, green tea. "Would you like some?" The Architect asked Sam as she poured her tea into a cup. "What is it?" Sam asked. "Green tea." The Architect answered as she put another cup on the table. "Sure. Thanks. It's my favorite." Sam said impatiently. The Architect gave Sam her tea. Sam drank it really quickly. The Architect grabbed her tea cup and drank it at the same time as Sam. "What'd you want to talk about?" Sam asked staring right into The Architect's bloodshot eye. "The future, specifically, our future." The Architect said staring right back. "What about that?" Sam asked for clarification. "Listen, Sam, we're both the same person. The only difference between us is the universe we hail from, but even that could be the same." The Architect clarified. "Where are you going with all this?" Sam asked slightly looking away from The Architect. "We're not different, you and I, we're exactly the same person. You're devoted to your friends as I am the Deity, you'd kill those who'd mess with your friends as I would if anyone messed with the Deity, and we're both the most powerful people in our respective universe. Most importantly, we were once the weakest." The Architect answered. "You killed my friends, and I killed the Deity." Sam said. "Just more to show how we're the same, Sam. We even have the same name, after all. You married Justin Trute, as did I." The Architect said. Sam stayed quiet. "Come, I'd like to show you my home. Zaleth of Universe 514." The Architect said standing up. Sam followed. 

~Universe 514, Zaleth~

The planet was completely metal. The same metal the Robot Syndicate made everything out of. "How have you gotten so much?" Sam asked. "We hail from a planet called Wul. We moved to RSP1, Robot Syndicate Planet One, to create robots. Well, the creators did. They failed, and died. Justin found the remains. He created the Robot Syndicate we see today. We attacked Wul, and won. The universe's biggest supplier of Gorth was ours. We were unstoppable." The Architect explained triumphantly. "Were?" Sam asked noticing the past tense. "We are running out of food, water, and most importantly, Gorth. With The Forge I can, no, we can, fix everything that's wrong in our universes. We can serve under the Deity." The Architect said intriguing Sam until she said 'the Deity'. "I can't." Sam said regretfully. "Why not?" The Architect asked looking at her. "I'm not devoted to him, I'm devoted to my friends. Just like you said." Sam answered.

"No one's a better friend than yourself, Sam. You of all people know this." The Architect said. "I did spend all that time for decades." Sam said considering The Architect's offer. They looked at the beauty of a metal Zaleth. "It's beautiful." Sam said. "You think so?" The Architect asked. "I mean, all of it is so peaceful, free of war. Free of worries, and that could be for both our universe." Sam said putting her hand on the window and leaning in closer. The Architect walked over to a closet. She opened it to reveal multiple Robot Syndicate suits, the same model as her current suit. "Would you like one?" The Architect asked. "Let's go back home first, then I'll decide." Sam said referring to the spire.

~Universe 504, The Architect's spire~

The Architect landed at The Forge. Sam got out and started looking through the interface. "What are you doing?" The Architect asked. Sam constructed a different suit. It was made of Gorth, but a stronger version of it. It covered her entire body and was golden. It was styled like a Zaleth knight's armor before Zaleth ascended to the stars. The edges were light blue and the middle of every armor piece was a darker blue. "I like it, it fits the strongest of this universe." The Architect said as she resumed the construction of her device. "Fitting armor for a goddess." Sam said. "I agree, after all this necklace of yours gives you the power of one." The Architect said as she handed Sam The Necklace. Sam took it and bowed. "You don't need to bow, Sam, we're equals. The leaders of the new Robot Syndicate." The Architect said as her device finished.

The device was an orb made of Gorth and multiple lines that would glow purple. A control console formed in front of Sam. "Would you care to do the honors?" The Architect asked pointing at the console. "Of course. All of this for a peaceful universe, for a better universe, for the Deity." Sam said as she flipped the switch.