06. Jeon Wonwoo

The door of the library opened, creating a screeching sound. I hate that piercing noise.

I glanced at the door and saw Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung. The latter looked really pale.

"...This place is much better." He muttered. Meanwhile Yoongi noticed us, and pulled Hoseok together towards our direction.

"Hi." He greeted awkwardly. "Did you find anything?"

"Not really..." Gyu replied. "Um, Hoseok hyung? Are you alright?"

"Better right now." He nodded. Yoongi hyung coughed to grab our attention.

"Mingyu? You heard a girl too, didn't you?"

"Yeah...?"

"...I saw her. The one talking to Mingyu." I interrupted. Hoseok hyung's eyes widen.

"Is that so." Yoongi hyung mumbled, "Anyway, I heard her again when we were at the study. She basically mocked us."

"Same." Gyu nodded in agreement. "She's enjoying this."

"Since we both hear them, I wanted to discuss something with you." 

"Oh, sure, maybe we can take a seat?"

We settled down at a table. Yoongi hyung spoke up first.

"So. Can you tell me what you've heard so far?"

"Sure," Gyu nodded, "In the dining room, she said, 'pathetic'. Then when we came to the library, shortly after we started searching, she mocked us by asking, 'do you really think this is going to work?'. That's all."

Yoongi hyung exhaled. "The one who's talking to me is much talkative, then. You know what she said in the restaurant."

We nodded.

"Then, after I took care of this boy, we went to the study. We saw Namjoon and Seokjin hyung searching. Namjoon told us about how he saw untouchable corpses when she suddenly said 'How sad. You can't stop us, can you? Because you can do nothing. You can never win us.'"

I was a bit disgusted about the corpse part, but then I noticed something eery. "Us? Does that mean there are more than one ghost?"

He nodded. "I think so too. I told the other two that we were mocked. Then she said, 'Smart, aren't you? But not enough to defeat us'."

I groaned. "It could be difficult, handling more than one ghost at the same time?"

Yoongi hyung shrugged, "We've got 20 people, and ghosts can't touch us. They can only create hallucinations which disturb us--"

"Anybody here?" The door once again being swung open, but this time, quite violently. Jimin hyung rushed inside, panting a bit too heavily. I saw him during sports meet at school. He didn't pant a single bit after running for 400 metres.

"Oh, sorry for budging in, did I interrupt your conversation?" He immediately noticed our presence. I shook my head.

"We were talking, but the moment you came in we aren't talking anything," Gyu answered.

"What brings you here?" Yoongi hyung asked.

"Jungkook got possessed., Taehyung and I escaped but I don't know where did Tae go."

I dropped the book in my hand. We were just talking about how harmless the ghosts are, but then we forgot how ghosts can possess a person and inflict physical injuries. I smacked my forehead onto the table.

"How come we didn't think of this?" I groaned, "Nearly all horror movies have ghosts possessing people..."

"It's not your fault, no one can think clearly under these kinds of circumstances." Hoseok comforted me. Funny, he's probably the one who is the most nervous here, but he's the one who is trying to make me relax.

"Anyway, we need to find Tae and Kookie, I am scared that they will get hurt..." Jimin whimpered. Somehow I think that he will cry at any minute.

...Well, if Gyu, Soonyoung, Junhui or any other friends are in danger, I will probably feel bad too.

"You are not going alone. We will come with you." Yoongi replied, turning to us, "Will you be staying here for some more time? We need to find those two kids first."

"Sure, go ahead. We will be here for quite some time," Gyu reassured him. Yoongi nodded and pat Hoseok hyung, motioning him to follow.

That's when I saw another figure - a different one from the one behind Gyu - behind Jimin hyung. This girl is obviously taller, with browner, longer and curlier hair, her eyes are not as deadly, but she has a creepy smirk on her lips.

The next instant, she disappeared. Jimin hyung now carries the same smirk as the girl.

"You are not Jimin hyung anymore, are you?" I blurted out.