13. Yoon Jeonghan

"Seriously, of all places, why the garden?" I mumbled. Of course it's not because it's scary, but it's summer, and the outdoors is hot and I seriously don't want to stay outside for too long.

"Because I saw some kind of tombstones from the window when we were still upstairs," Cheol said, "Perhaps we can find some interesting things here."

"Interesting things as in?" I questioned, "I don't think corpses are interesting."

"Just kidding. But perhaps we might find hints on the tombstones?" Cheol shrugged, "Like the backstory of this mansion."

who are you guys?

I jumped slightly at the voice, before noticing a medium-length-haired girl staring at us.

i see you aren't scared of me.

"Cheol, wait a sec," I stopped him from straying away too far, "I need to talk with a little 'friend'."

"Who are you?" I asked the ghostly girl.

a deceased servant. you guys invaded this property and you will not leave here peacefully.  

Her eyes turned into a cold gaze.

we didn't get peace in our lifetimes. and we won't let invaders get peace too.

"What is this black cat?" Cheol suddenly asked. I decided I shouldn't turn my head because the girl somehow gave me a dangerous feeling.

you seem smart. 

"Why, thank you," I said, "What do we do if we want to leave peacefully?"

that, she said, you need to figure yourself. it's not interesting if i spoil everything for you. but i can promise you a safe trip if you solve the puzzle. 

And she vanished.

"So," I turned to Cheol, "What about the cat?"

"It just appeared suddenly," Cheol looked puzzled, "And it's...larger than average. Its eyes are green and amber mixed together?"

"Beuatiful," I commented.

"Not the time, Hannie," He rolled his eyes, "Now tell me what just happened when you talked with that little friend."