:Chapter 2: Edited

:Chapter 2:

        When morning came, I didn’t feel well rested at all, but I needed to get on with my day. After my quick morning ritual – breakfast, getting dressed, brushing my teeth, etc. – I took a 15 minute walk to work. Today I was working from opening to closing, so the day was going to be very long.

        As I sat behind my counter in the empty Apple story, I thought of Joni. She was in a lot of my dreams and I saw the development of her and Artemis getting closer and closer as friends… Somehow, losing her in my dream felt like I lost her for real and I felt a present emotional pain from thinking about it. Before I knew it, I had a tear rolling down my cheek.

        “Hey, ginger, what’s wrong?” Cory – my cute co-worker – asked as he arrived at my cash register. He called my ginger because of my flaming red hair.

        I snapped back to reality and quickly wiped the tear with the sleeve of my shirt, blushing a little.

        “Nothing, just something from a dream – or rather a nightmare. Don’t really know why it makes me sad,” I shrugged.

        “Oh ok. Well you know I’m ready to listen if you want to tell me,” he smiled comfortingly.

        “Thanks, Cory,” I smiled back and he walked off to his post.

        Yes, I had a thing for him and I had reason to believe he liked me too, but sadly he’d been in a committed relationship for more than 2 years now. If he did like me, it wasn’t enough to throw all that away and I completely understood. I’ve seen him and his girlfriend together and they were just the cutest couple and they looked so in love. I couldn’t only hope of having something like that one day.

__________________________________

        The afternoon was a lot busier without being hectic. I was no longer working a cash register, but costumer service. I walked through the computers and IPhones in look for a costumer that hadn’t been answered yet.

        When I was In the IPod section, I stumbled upon someone rather odd. A tall man with brown hair and green eyes was wearing a tweed jacket and a deep red bowtie. He was looking thought the IPod Nanos curiously and he looked like he was in a hurry. I walked up to him and plastered a smile on my face.

        “Hello, sir. May I be of assistance?” I asked.

        He looked up at me and examined me from head to toe with an analyzing look. Was he some pervert?

        “Yes, you can, Jayden!” he said after reading my name tag. “These things, iPod, do they have micro energy transferor in them?” he questioned.

        How the Hell was I supposed to know what was in an IPod, I just sold the damn thing! We weren’t trained to answer them type of questions.

        “I’m sorry, sir, but I don’t know what is in an IPod,” I replied politely.

        “Of course, you’re the third person I’ve asked… Oh well, I was trying to be discreet,” and with that, he took out some sort of device and pointed it on the IPod he was holding, there was a buzzing sound and a green light coming out of the tip. “Ah-ha! It does! Cool! I’ll be buying this IPod,” he smiled.

        “Hm… of course, follow me,” I said, a little weirded out by this strange man and his device.

        I leaded him to a cash register and scanned the IPod for him. He handed me a platinum card to play for it. I starred at if for a moment. Platinum? This thing was unlimited and very little people could have one. I scanned it on the register and he entered his code.

        Normally, he would have taken the IPod and left. But didn’t I mention this man wasn’t normal? Right there at the cash register, he opened the box, taking out the IPod and once again took out his device and pointed it all the edges of the IPod. When he was done, the IPod was taken apart just it as was simply clipped closed.

        “Sir, what are you doing?” I asked.

        “Saving Earth… again,” he said before ripping out a small piece of electronics from the broken IPod. He slipped it in his pocket and ran out the store before I could ask any further questions.

        What a freak.