:Chapter 14:

• Dedicated to Grandpa...

***50 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 15***

Everyone, and I mean everyone, voted for me to continue writing Wide Awake and delay Break Me some more so that's what I'm gonna do. I'm not going to school for a few days, so I'll try to get some writing done.

I don't have much more to say apart from I'll be back in Montreal this weekend so I'll be updating again before I leave. I don't want to exist right now.

I hope you enjoy this chapter, we get to see a little bit more into Artemis' past and it's very important to the story. The banner on the right is Carrie Fletcher, the girl I chose to be Joni. I think she's amazing

******************************************************

:Chapter 14:

I slammed the TARDIS door behind me and threw myself onto my green couch, sobbing hysterically, not bothering to wash the Doctor’s blood off of my neck. He was going to hate me now. He was such a peaceful man with a hatred for violence and there I go, beating him up after he tried to stop me from torturing a Dalek. I was so filled with rage towards the creature that its presence set something off in me. Someone merciless and very bad.

I was preparing myself for the very worst of the Doctor when the door opened again after an hour. His nose had healed by itself, but dry blood was stuck to his skin. Without looking at me, he ran my controls and set in coordinates. My TARDIS was sent flying to space a moment later. I had sat up on the couch and was waiting for his to yell. But I knew the Doctor doesn’t yell which was worst.

He turned to me and finally laid his eyes on my face, but they were angry or mean. Concerned was the word. He took one of my hands and pulled me up on my feet. Without a word, he wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly. I permitted myself to let everything out. I permitted myself to let all my walls break down to him. Every last by of myself that I didn’t let show was showing now and all he did was hold me. He understood better than anyone how Daleks can make Time Lords angry and not themselves.

After a long while, I finally composed myself and let go to his tweed blazer. I looked up at his worried face and my mouthed to words thank you. I was in need of a long embrace. He made me sit on the couch and sat right next to me, an arm around my shoulder comfortingly.

“Tell me,” he said softly.

“Tell you what?” I frowned at him.

“Tell me what makes you hate them so much you lost yourself.”

I breathed in deeply to and expelled the air out of my lungs, trying to sound the words. There was only one way he could understand what losing Joni was really like, I needed for him to understand how losing her had shaken me.

“It was a spring day. London, Earth in 1225. I had just dropped off a former companion back to his place for his own good. The poor lad had fallen in love with me and I couldn’t allow him to waste his time. Especially when a human life is so short and so precious to be wasted chasing the impossible. It’s not that I couldn’t have liked him too, but he would age and I wouldn’t. Anyway, you must know what I’m talking about, you must have been there.

So anyway, I had just sent Alec back home and I was alone again. I reached the center of town in the search of something entertaining – or a bar to have a drink or two – when she appeared. Out of now where, she popped up right in front of me, her orange like eyes staring straight into mine, her blond curls all over the place. And she looked brave. She gripped my arm and pushed me onto the ground in the alley next to us. Confused and defensive, I jumped up and slammed her again the wall. Less than a second later, a car drove at in insane speed on the sidewalk and I realized she had just saved my life. Or at least she stopped me from regenerating so in a way, she saved my life. Some old man had lost control of his car and swerved onto the sidewalk. My savior’s name was Joni Grey and after that day, I owned her so much.

I took her everywhere and she was my best friend. Our bond was unbreakable. She was strong and witty and ruthless. She was scared of nothing. Absolutely nothing! An alien threaten to kill her, she laughed in its face knowing I was near and would never let anything happen to her while I was alive. If there was one thing she was terrified of, it was losing me. And after four years, vice versa. She was the one person I never wanted to lose, the one person I couldn’t handle losing. The one person I was in love with and loved me back,” as I told him Joni’s story, I couldn’t help the little smile that crept up on my lips. I remembered what I was saying and realized I had never told anyone this. I cleared my throat and continued. “But we never did anything about it. I couldn’t do what I did to Alec. I couldn’t send her home and pretend it never happened. She wouldn’t coop and neither would I. Asking us to separate was like asking fire not to burn. So we continued like we were and pretended the night we drank a little too much, said a little too much and did a little too much never happened. But I will never forget it and I knew she wouldn’t either. It was maybe one of the best nights of my very long life.

And here’s the worst. After setting the TARDIS to random, we found ourselves on a Dalek ship exactly the same as the one we were on earlier. Right when we closed the TARDIS door, we were surrounded. They took Joni right away to a prison cell and I was brought to the Emperor Dalek. I tricked my way out and went looking for Joni straight away. Many Daleks were on my path, but none able to stop me from reaching my Joni. When I finally got to her, she was telling the Daleks off and being her usual self without a hint of fright though I had talked about them before to her and repeated the danger of them. She didn’t care and it honestly made me laugh as she called them ugly ass Daleks. Anyway, I beat them. All three that were in the room were dead. At least, I thought there were, because as we were leaving to room to find the TARDIS, one of them shot her in the chest…

They killed her. They killed my Joni. The one thing that counted more than anything to me and they took her away from me… After that, I blew up their stupid ship and left. I brought Joni back to her family who never approved of her travelling with me. I had to tell them that because of me, their only child was dead. It’s then that I realized I was too dangerous. I alone endangered everyone around me. I couldn’t travel with anyone without putting their lives at risk and I just couldn’t do that anymore… And at the same time, I was feeling such a pain. I was completely heartbroken. Still am sometimes. Like today. So I went to my old companion, someone I knew I could trust to take the pain away. I turned human and two years later, you showed up. So that is why, Doctor, I hate Daleks so much.”

There was a long silence where he simply pulled me close and I breathed in the smell of him to remind me I wasn’t alone. I had him and he wasn’t going anyways.

“I’m so sorry…” he whispered.

I let a few other warm tears fall onto his blazer and sighed deeply.

“I’m tired,” I stated and got up to go to my bedroom.

To my surprise, instead of going through the door to his own TARDIS, he followed me to my room. I thought maybe he was just walking me there but when I went to say goodnight, he offered him company for the night. I didn’t refuse. And it was in is comforting arms that I fell into dreams of Joni. Happy ones. 

***50 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 15***