New Resident and Overnight Guest

For the past few nights after my shifts, it felt like someone was watching me. Every time while walking home I'd feel it and turn around to see if there was anyone following me but there was no sign of anything. Buthe thing is it was always there. On this particular day though, I heard some rustling in an alley. A small box shuffled for a bit then stopped. Then it'd do it again. I attempted to see if it was anything dangerous.

"Meow~"

"Meow?"

I opened the box and a cat jumped at me making me fall back. The cat had black fur and white paws that held on to my clothes. It jumped off and rubbed its head against my leg.

"Hey there." I rubbed behind its ears hearing it let out a purr. I looked into the box once more.

A not stuck to the bottom caught my attention.

"Please take care of Shadow." I looked back at the cat.

"Shadow?" He stopped rubbing my leg and stared into my eyes its green orbs pierced into my soul.

"Guess I'm going to take care of you from now on, huh." I scooped him into my arms and walked out of the alley stopping at right after the corner. I turned to face a dark figure with signature yellow goggles and white scarf. I couldn't see his eyes but his mouth that hung open said it all.

"Ahaha, busted." I pointed a finger gun at him.

He raised his hands in defeat.

"We meet again Eraserhead." He took off his goggles revealing his dark bloodshot eyes. Dude this guy needs more sleep...

"What are you even doing?"

"It's dangerous to walk alone at nigh-."

"Okay, Mr. Pro-hero." I teased. "But I can take care of myself and you should have just asked to walk me home... Not that I would have let you but still, following someone WHO YOU KNOW home is creepy."

He shrugged. I rolled my eyes and turned around to walk away only to stop.

"Oh yeah, this is Shadow."

I turned back to Aizawa and shoved the cat in his face. For a moment he only stared and his cheeks turned into a light pink. His eyes sparkled as he took the cat into his own arms. After watching him pet my cat I turned and walked away. And guess what, they both followed me home.

I stopped at my doorway and sighed.

"Would you like to come in?" I stared at Aizawa while struggling to keep my eyes open.

He nodded and waltz to the couch. As he played with Shadow I laid out some snacks on the coffee table.

"Food and drinks are in the fridge, I'll be in the shower." He responded with a nod not looking away from the black feline.

I sighed as I walked into my bathroom. Hmm... I'll have to buy some supplies tomorrow.

I unwrapped my left arm from its bondage and stepped into the tub. Agh, the cuts are still open.

When I got out of the shower fresh and as clean as I could get, I walked into the living room to find Aizawa snoozing with the cat curled up on his belly. I quickly opened my phone to snap a photo.

"Hehe." I draped a spare blanket on the two and went to bed.

The next morning...

Agh... 5 am? ughhhhhhghghhghghghghghghghgh. I only got 3 hours of sleep? I would have slept longer but I have guests in the house that need to be fed.

As I walked out into the living room rubbing my eyes I saw Aizawa playing with Shadow again. How long have they been awake? I leaned up against the wall.

"If you want you can come here whenever to play with him."

He jerked his head toward my direction. His eyes lit up while his facial expression asked "Really? Can I?"

I nodded and gave him a spare key to show him it wasn't a joke. He looked suspicious of it as I sat down next to him to pet Shadow.

"Why do you trust me so much?"

I shrugged. "I dunno, I guess something inside me just says I can."

We sat there in silence as we stared into each other's eyes. I pursed my lips.

"Are you hungry?"

"U-uh oh, yeah."