Chapter 2 - Assigned

A/N: Sorry for this short chapter. It's a filler chapter, I guess? Happy Reading!

She’s in my science class, too. But I can tell she doesn’t enjoy it. In science, she sits in the back, very unlike history, where she sits front and center. We kinda switch roles (seat wise). But she’s still the teacher’s favorite. As she is in just about every classroom she enters.

This is the craziest day ever, but we get assigned seat in science. We usually wherever we want in science. But lucky as I am, get assigned next to her.

“Hi,” she says super friendly.

“Erm... Hey,” I say. I sound like a dope. Not even in a good way.

“It's Devin, right?” she asks.

“Um, yeah. How'd you know?”

“Why wouldn't I know?” she asks. It sounds rhetorical.

“Haha.” I grin wide, and she flashes a kinda crooked smile. Then she returns back to her worksheet. And finishes before I even got halfway done. I'm surprised she's not in AP science.

At the end of the class it's pretty basic. Pack my stuff. Sling my backpack over my shoulder. Wait to be dismissed. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I spend my lunch doing the usual stuff. Eating. Talking. Messing around. Well, except the last one. My clique and I don’t really mess around. Except for sometimes.