Chapter 23 - When Will I See You Again?

A year later

The last year of college went smoothly. Nothing big came up really. We were the only college soccer team, or football here in London, that hadn't formed in the University, so that was kinda different. We only played a couple games, because we were freshman. Not that exciting. But I've loved Alexandra for five years now, and we've only evolved from nothing to best friends. Was I stuck in the friends zone? I had to call the only guys I knew that could help me. I didn't want to disturb them, for they were really busy guys, but I was kinda fed up. I hovered my finger over one of their names for a second, then pressed it.

“Hey! Yeah, college is fine. No, I school is out for another week or so. You guys here in London? Great, are you busy? No? Can I meet you at the cafe? You know which one.”

I walked down to the cafe and ordered a caramel latte. I sat down and got out my phone. I sent a text message to Alexandra.

Meet me at the cafe in an hour? Xox Dev

I knew she would come. I've known her for too long. I heard the bell of the front door and turned to see who it was. I smiled, it was the exact five guys I wanted to see.

“Devin! Vas happenin' bro?” asked the one with the quiffed hair. It was great to see Zayn again.

“Nothing really, I just needed some advice,” I replied.

“I'm all ears,” the guy with sandy brown hair said. Liam was always there for me.

“Lady troubles?” teased the striped shirt, suspender wearing, Louis. Always joking around.

“Actually, yes,” I said.

“Has your girlfriend cheated on you, or something?” asked the curly haired man. I wouldn't really say he's a man though. Harry Styles is too immature to be a man.

“I don't have a girlfriend,” I said wearily. It kind of hurt a bit.

“What?” said the blonde Irish lad in disbelief. Niall.

“I don't have a girlfriend,” I repeated.

“Then what's wrong?” Liam asked in full concern.

“Well...” I started.

“Spit it out,” Louis basically ordered.

“Is it healthy to be in love with the same girl for five years?” I asked. I questioned this to myself, all the time.

“You've been love with a girl for five years?” Zayn inquired. He sounded concerned.

“Yes,” I told him, guiltily.

“It's nothing to be ashamed about,” Liam comforted. I just put my face in my hands.

“Have you gone out with her?” Harry asked. His face had worried written all over it.

“No,” I said, not lifting my face from my hands.

“Then why haven't you asked her out?” Louis asked. He was usually more jokingly, but I could hear the seriousness in his voice.

“Because she's my best friend,” I said. I finally lifted my head to find them all looking at me.

“You fell in love with your best friend?” Niall asked. Even the carefree lad sounded very concerned.

“No, I fell in love with her before she was my best friend,” I replied.

“Can you tell us what she's like?” Louis asked.

“She has long wavy hair. Her eyes are big and green and beautiful. They're mesmerizing. Her laugh is like music to my ears. She has a cute crooked smile. She doesn't like to sing, but when she does it's like the entire world stops to hear her,” I described.