Chapter 26 - Mirrors

“Whatcha staring at Jelly Bean?” Alexandra asks from my side on the couch. We're watching Friends. Again. Everyone’s here. At least I think so. Alexandra, Nathan, Conor, Jackson, Niall, Zayn and Harry. Where's Liam and Louis? They love Friends. It's one of their favorite shows.

“LOUIS TOMLINSON!” Liam shouts from the kitchen. Found them. We all rush to see an angry Liam in the kitchen. Louis is laughing hysterically from behind the corner. Alexandra is too. She goes over to high five Louis. Their prank worked. “What made you think it would be funny to get a silly string can and spray the entire contents on me?” he asked furiously. I just noticed the silly string now.

“C'mon LiLi, you know it's funny!” Alexandra says between laughs. Did she help to plan this? Probably. I was with her when we bought some silly string from the party store. Now I know why. I let out a small laugh for Liam looks hilarious. There's silly string all over his face and on an unspeakable place on his pants. Then I start really laughing. Everyone else sees it too and starts laughing. But I can hear the nervousness in their laughs, for there is an angry Daddy Direction.

He lets out a chuckle after a while. “I guess it is funny,” he mutters. He then takes Louis into a wrestling match. They're actually really funny, because Liam is bigger and has more strength, but Louis' too fast. They're rolling on the kitchen floor soon enough and I'm surprised that no one has stopped them yet. Wait, what is everyone doing? Nathan and Niall are searching through the cupboards for something to eat. Jackson and Zayn have gone off to watch Friends. Alexandra is still laughing. Conor is trying to stop Niall and Nathan from eating his Ruffles. That leaves me and Harry just standing here watching.

“Should we leave them, or stop them?” I ask Harry.

“I think we should stop them before they get cut or something,” he says. I nod and I try to pull Liam away as Harry lifts Louis away. It takes a lot of effort. Harry lifts Louis but Louis just squirms away and gets back to Liam. It's hard to get Liam away. I start to talk sense to him, and finally stops, panting.

“Sorry,” Liam says under his breath. “Shouldn't have done that.”

“It's okay, I was pushing your buttons anyways,” Louis says. They make up so easily.

I hear a crash. A moan. A groan. Not good ones either. Did I just think that? Yeah, I guess I did. “Devin,” she whispers. It's Alexandra. I was so caught up trying to break up the fight and I forgot about her for a while. I rush trying to find where she is. I find her in the hallway outside the kitchen. It's horrible what I see. Alexandra is on the floor. And she is bleeding. Very bad. I almost pass out from seeing it, but I have to stay strong.

“What happened?” I ask her. I cradle her in my arms. Her head is slightly bleeding. I can hear a phone being dialed in the background. I know it's Conor calling the ambulance.

“I tripped and rammed into the wall. And the mirror fell on me. It shattered and cut me. Dev, it

hurts,” she says, faintly. I see her eyes droop down halfway.

“Stay with me,” I say. I might be crying, I don't know. But there is one thing I know. My Alexandra is bleeding. Her eyes close. But I see her chest fall up and down. Breathing. Good.

The ambulance takes her away. I try again, to be with her. But this time I'm a lot stronger. But this time there are nine people to keep me back. One of them is five years older than I. Three are three years. One is two years older. Three are the same age as me. It is not fun seeing the person you love get taken away from you. Again.