Chapter 12 - Still Not Awake

Alexandra still hadn't woken up. It scared me so much. I tried to get to her as soon as the car stopped, but the nurse wouldn't let me. I just had to take the nurse's word for it. I thought she would at least be up by now. Most of the time when people fainted they had woken up within an hour. It's been over three hours.

“You can see her now,” the nurse said. I think she could tell I really cared for Alexandra. Her family haven't arrived yet, the hospital was really far away from our neighborhood.

When I walked into her room (219) I didn't think it was really Alexandra sitting in the bed at first. It just looked so unlike Alexandra. A bunch of machines attached to her. Her face didn't have a hint of a smile or anything of the sort. Her eyes were still closed, but she was thankfully breathing. I could see the steady rise and fall of her chest. I pulled up a chair to sit right next to her. I sat there holding her hand, praying she would wake up. I could finally take a really good look at her without looking like a creep. Her features were so feminine. She had nice cheekbones, and nice full lips. God, how much I wanted to kiss those lips. Her eyelashes were long and slightly curled. I could see the dark circles under her eyes. It was weird, didn't see she had such dark circles a couple hours ago. Was she wearing makeup? Alexandra, wearing makeup? That doesn't make sense. She hated makeup, absolutely despised it. Wait, was she trying to hide it. Oh no, another attempt of her trying not to make me worry. I refocused my attention to her arms, which were so long. Then her delicate hand. Her fingers were long and slender. Nails were perfect ovals, without any polish. I longed to see her wake up. To see her big green eyes, full of promise, wonder and a dash of mystery.

Sorry for another short filler chapter.