«Chapter I»

Realization hits you then, eyes blinking rapidly, you look up to her eyes and see that she was already waiting for you to answer her question.

"H-huh?.."

The girl rolled her eyes with an annoyed expression. "Nothing," She frowned, wheeling around to leave. "What did I expect? You're a Slytherin." Grumbling, she turned to another corner and disappeared from your sight.

You contorted a puzzled face, still looking at the place where you last saw her. What was her problem?

A thick, old leather book slammed on the table in front of you, startling you. The slight smell of old paper and dust floating in the air filled your nostrils. You covered your nose, closely looking at the book in front of you. Hogwarts, A history. The Gryffindor long forgotten in your mind.

"A book like this exist?" You asked, waving your hand -that you used to cover your nose- in front of your face to wave off the dust. You opened the book and scanned the pages that enumerates its content.

"Of course there is, Hogwarts has a lot of history." Zach rolled his eyes, pulling a chair next to you and sat on it. "That's the last book available, Ms. Pince said that a second year Gryffindor was looking for it as well, good thing I reserved it."

"It says here," You began reading, your finger guiding below the words. "Four greatest witches and wizards of the age founded Hogwarts from over a thousands years ago-"

"Please be specific-"

"There's no precise date to when they found the school." You told him, knowing too well that he'll ask a question. You continued. "Named after the school houses; Gondric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin built the castle from prying eyes of the muggles due to magic that was being feared by the common people, that witch and wizards suffer from persecution."

You paused abruptly, turning to the next page.

"The founders worked in harmony for a few years, seeking youngsters that showed signs of magic and bring them in Hogwarts to be educated. Disagreement between Salazar Slytherin and the others sprung up due to Slytherin's selectiveness about the students, believing that all magical learning's should only be kept in all magic families. Slytherin disliked taking students from muggle born parentage, believing them to be untrustworthy. After a serious argument between Slytherin and Gryffindor, Slytherin left Hogwarts."

Zach hums before speaking, giving you a moment to stop. "How about you? Do you agree with Salazar?"

You shrugged. "You?"

"Well, he has a point." Zach said, scratching his chin while he contemplates. "Witches and Wizards back then were being executed, you can't blame him for not trusting muggles."

"So you agree?"

"It's not that I agree, I just think he's got a point." He waved his hand dismissively. "Anyways, continue."

You look back down to the book and continued.

"Slytherin built a hidden chamber in the castle in which the others knew nothing of. The legend says that Slytherin sealed the chamber of secrets so that none will be able to open it until he's own true heir arrived in the school, the heir will unseal the chamber of secrets and release the horror within, purging the school of all who is unworthy of studying magic."

Your finger crossed the last set of sentence from the book, finishing what you're reading.

"Do you think its true?" Zach mumbled quietly, staring at the open book, feeling satisfied that he now got all the answers that he need. "If it is, why does Professor Dumbledore still haven't found it?"