«Chapter VIII»

A new day had begun at Hogwarts with the soft light blue sky clouded with thick cumulus mist covering the bright sun, students were scattered around the castle for their first subject, excited for their class that some of them begin to head to their class early. Entering the great hall for breakfast, you passed by some group of third years laughing and squeling as they take their meal, and honestly you got irritated from their lack of discipline. You took a seat on the area where you can see familiar faces that you see in your subjects last term, and helped yourself some eggs, toast and sausages. A loud shout interrupted you from your meal and you look up to see familiar Gryffindor's entering the great hall while you chew the yolk covered sausage inside your mouth.

The three came strolling in with your attention going directly towards the brunette who whispered something besides Harry. She shoot a nasty glare towards the noisy third years from Slytherin before her eyes flickered towards you. A faint smile curled at the side of her lips as you give her a lopside grin and a wink, you noticed a pinkish light hues shading her porcelain like cheeks that maybe was due from the cold.

-the dementors are coming, Potter! wooooo!” A Slytherin third year that looked like a small squeezed face of a dog shrieked, hitting a slight nerve on your temple from the irritating high pitch sound your ears picked up.

On queue Zach appeared through the giant double doors as he entered the hall, his eyes scanning up the long table that aligned down the hall and see you already taking your breakfast. Approaching your area with something clutched in one of his arms, he dropped down into a seat beside you and placed it on the table.

“Our course schedule,” He pushed it from the top of his schedule and it slid down and softly hit your free arm that was resting on the table. You gave him a nod then went back to your unfinished meal.

Zach briedly glanced to the side. “The hell is this third years noisy for.” He grumled as he took a bite of a bread he fixed up with marmalade.

“Apparently, Potter fainted from a dementor when we were at the Hogwarts train.” You informed him.

Zach snorted at the news. “Who told you that?”

“With those noisy egg heads, news travel fast regarding Harry Potter.” You replied as you jot your head towards the third years.

Zach nodded his head in understanding and turn back to his breakfast. Poking the sausage with his metal fork and took a bite of it then he turns his head back to you. “By the way, you mentioned that Hermione's going to be sitting with us in Arithmancy? ” He asked with a shit eating grin, making you frown at him. “What? Just asking.”

“Yeah, why?”

His brows schrunched up in confusion. “I've seen their schedule and noticed that she has a third year class the same time as ours. ”

Zach's gaze changed through you and you turn your head towards the direction where he is looking and see Hermione trudging with her friends with their course schedules on hand.

Mumbling confusedly, remembering something you talked about her before school began. “She did mention that before, but she didn't tell how she's going to handle that problem...well I didn't ask. ”

“How's she gonna do that?” Your friends face contorted with a look of disbelief. “She can't be in both places at the same. time.”

“Beats me,” You stated nonchalantly, raising your shoulders in question before dropping it back down and grabbed your schedule. “Hurry up Zach before we get late on our first day.”

“awrigh,” Zach quickly spooned the scrambled egg into his mouth to clean his plate and hopped of the seat with his schedule on his hand.

Both of you retreated back outside the grate hall to head on to your first period, not without the both of you shooting a threatening glare at the third years who cower as you passed by. You paused on your tracks and see Hermione standing outside the front of the entrance patiently waiting with her hand tucking a strand of hair behind her ears. Looking up, her eyes immediately locked on to yours and a smile softly appeared on her lips.