«Chapter XXI»

The forest was twice as eerie as it was from the edge, trees around you seemed unending shadows looming over from your peripheral vision as you travel deeper in the woods to find the area you would be after running away from the Willow, it was really quiet— silent, unbearably deafening almost as if it could make you crazy that your eyes anxiously bounce at every corner, desperately wanting to hear a single hint of noise besides the soil thumping faintly below you.

"'Mione!"

Freezing abruptly on your tracks, your head twist at the loud scream of anguish that made your body shiver. You carefully step over the roots protruding out the ground and walked around the thick width beech tree that blocked your sight from what you know was the time of your almost your demise.

Unraveling behind the large trunk was you laying on your back, face scrunched in pain while Hermione frantically tug you against her body -as if it wasn't already close enough- and shields you from another opened claws that the warewolf were now lifting above your heads.

It didn't took long when something you've been waiting for finally appeared, but what you saw surpised you. Green smoke appeared underneath you, that you and Hermione didn't notice because your attentions were on the warewolf. Its hues growing deeper and thicker at every second that passed by, embracing you and Hermione as if protecting you.

"What the..."

Your attention were snatched when you notice the same mist seeping out your chest. Looking down and plucking the collar of your shirt back to check your chest, you see the emerald smoke, slowly it dissapates in a light swirl leaving the wound that Buckbeak made gone.

Like it wasn't even there.

Eyes widen, appalled at your discovery, you stagger back, your heel tripping on a root. You grunt at the pain at the back of your head, now that you made a noise you jump back to your feet, whispering foul words to yourself at the amount of leaves shuffling loudly because you were sure that it got their attention.

You flee, dashing away hopping aimlessly on roots  and stumps —you're surprised you didn't stumble at one again— wishing that they don't see who you were.

Unbelievable, you thought to yourself, all this time you assumed that someone was helping you, you should've known it by the first time it happened when you were at the infirmary, you should've put the pieces together that the only time it appears, your chest hurts. But how.....why? And for sure that's the question no one can answer.

When you got to the edge of the forest, the mesmerising castle and all its glory lay there before your very eyes. Staring at it while your heavy breathing echoed shallowly in your ears, your mind hazy with unanswered thoughts. Then you felt the earth under your feet disappear and find yourself flying with gaining speed. Looking up you see a familiar creature, its beak closed on the back of your shirt while it flapped its wings vigorously as he glides in the air, up and up until the entirety of the castle were just under you.

"Y/N!" Twisting your head from Hermione's uneasy voice greeting you, a smile automatically made its way on your lips, making you forget anything just for a moment; and you were glad for it.  You briefly waved at her then holding on firmly to one of Buckbeaks legs, just making sure you don't fall.

Buckbeak soared through the cold night to the west towers, wings wide open as Buckbeak slowly descend down the top floors of the castle in-front of the cell Sirius is locked up. Ones the Hippogriff landed after carefully setting you to the ground, Hermione hurriedly bounced off, her wand drawn out.

"Bombarda!" The iron bars explode off of its hinges, leaving cracked burnt, marks on the corner of the stone wall.

Sirius, confused at the same time relieved, emerges out of the cell. "How?..."