«Chapter XVI»

"I wished the past had never fade."

Her delicately soft, alluring voice pierced the suffocating silence. Her melodic tune surged in the room like waves of warmth embracing your body while your ears perked with pleasure and giggles vibrated  your chest.

Despite the fierce moonlight illuminating through the large windowpane bathing her with silver light, her face remained blur. She was staring down at you, you knew, you felt. Confused at the sudden laughter involuntarily echoing in your lips and at the same time enticed by the voice of an angel tickling your ears, you tried to reach out to touch only to find yourself unable to, bounded in your place while you continued to gaze upon her.

"Back to the time when I was within her arms."

Then she disappeared in a snap before your eyes, turning into smoke that floated around your body slowly dissipating in the air.

When you felt the weight in your arms disappeared, you sit up and find yourself at the edge of a cliff while you inhale the smell of fresh sea breeze and hear the strong waves slapping on rocky walls.

Faint girlish screams and indistinct shouts resonated the chilly air making your head spin to the direction of the noise. At the distance, you watch numerous tents that were laying all across the field get swallowed by angry flames while countless people stampede.

Hearing a loud clap rumbling, you see a deep light whizzing up in the dark clear sky then burst into green smoke morphing into a skull while a mist of snake slithered apart from it. Death eaters mark.

Your fathers mark.

"Y/N!"

Your lungs hitched. The familiar voice coming within the disaster.

"Y/N!"

Hermione.

You spring to your feet, without any second thoughts you sprint down the hill towards the already burned to dust tents. Heart drumming in your ears, cold sweat trickled down your temples.

"Hermione!"

"Hermione!"

Your body violently jolt awake causing a book resting on your lap fly off and land on the floor with a faint thump. Gripping the edges of the couch tightly, you scanned the empty common room, books you reviewed littered around the table and fire weakly sizzled in the dark green brick furnace.

It was already in the middle of the night, and students were in their rooms fast asleep after they arrived from their holiday vacation. Christmas had gone like a blink of an eye and students came back as quick as they have left to spend their holidays with their families, but for you it was a rough drag; mainly for two reason.

First was Zach left to spend the holidays with his family, leaving you behind without any other word, so you spend the entirety of the holiday buried in books and just study for your OWLS. You were supposed to be used to being alone since you grew up not celebrating Christmas, but you'd be lying if you say that it didn't made you feel something, because it did and it was weird, it was...uncomfortable for you. You don't blame him though, you might do the same if you ever found out that your friend is the daughter of a dark lord.

It was all too much for him to take.

Second reason was Hermione, she stayed behind with her friends but she never bat an eye on you or even approach you as she always did. Even at the small Christmas feast with the professors and headmaster she never talked to you or greeted. It was a good thing Professor McGonagall's snide comments to Professor Trelawny was enough to distract you. You know she was upset because you never showed to the three broomsticks, you were too preoccupied with Sirius consoling you after Zach marched out of the shack that the time flew by and you forgot. You returned to the castle at dinner time using a hidden passage from the shrieking shack to the whomping willow that your uncle directed, but you skipped dinner and retired to bed.