Chapter Thirty Three

Veronica's POV

It's been a week since I first met my mum and dad face to face. I've also gotten to know my parents a bit more. Lately I've been hanging out with Louis. He's been telling me about a girl that he has been talking to.
"She's truly amazing. We've been best friends since we were kids and lost contact with each other when I went on X Factor. We actually reconnected this past weekend." Louis explained.
"Awe, what's her name?" I ask taking a sip of water.
"Her name is Sharlotte Faith Mañaol. She's really pretty and really sweet." He says showing me a picture of her.

  "Wow

"Wow. She's really pretty Lou." I say looking up at him.
"Thanks. I'm actually nervous to ask her out." He explains.
"How about I help?" I ask.
"Sure. Thanks."

Veronica's POV

"So how are we gonna do this?" Louis asks he arrived at my place.
"Well, I was thinking you could do more of something like being yourself." I say smiling as we went to the kitchen.
"I don't know. I haven't really been myself when I talk to her. I always try to but I get to nervous." Louis says as he sits down at the breakfast bar.
"Louis, I thought you said that she's been your friend since you two were in diapers?" I ask giving him a water.
"Yeah but I've liked her for a while. When I was dating Eleanor, I was taken as a joke. I wanted to ask out Sharlotte, but management forced us together so I couldn't have a say. I also couldn't really be myself around her. And when I did try to talk to Sharlotte, she would blow me off." Louis explained.
"I'm sorry about that Lou. Maybe you could try and talk to her about how you feel and ask her to hang out one on one sometime." I suggested as I sat down.
"Would it be ok if you and Liam went out on a double date with us?" He asks.
"I'll talk to Liam about it. But yeah I guess we can." I say getting out my phone.
"Great. I'm gonna go call her." Louis said running out of the kitchen.
"What was that all about?" Liam asks walking in.
"He's asking a girl out on a double date. Oh yeah and he wants us to go out on the double date with him." I explain taking another sip of my water.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, what? When were you two gonna tell me about this double date love?" Liam asks.
"He just asked me if we could. And I said that I'll talk to you and that I guess we could." I explain.
"Ok than. But your telling me about her later. Want anything to eat Veronica?" He asks going to the fridge.
"Can we have pancakes and sausage?" I asked smiling.
"Haha yeah sure." He says pulling out the mix and frozen sausage.
After a couple of minutes later, Louis came rushing in.
"Sharlotte said yes. I just have to let her know when the date would be." Louis says hugging me.

Louis' POV

"So how are we gonna do this?" I ask after I arrived at Veronica's place.
"Well, I was thinking you could do more of something like being yourself." Veronica says smiling as we went to the kitchen.
"I don't know. I haven't really been myself when I talk to her. I always try to but I get to nervous." I say as I sat down at the breakfast bar.
"Louis, I thought you said that she's been your friend since you two were in diapers?" She asks giving me a water.
"Yeah but I've liked her for a while. When I was dating Eleanor, I was taken as a joke. I wanted to ask out Sharlotte, but management forced us together so I couldn't have a say. I also couldn't really be myself around her. And when I did try to talk to Sharlotte, she would blow me off." I explained.
"I'm sorry about that Lou. Maybe you could try and talk to her about how you feel and ask her to hang out one on one sometime." Veronica suggested as she sat down.
"Would it be ok if you and Liam went out on a double date with us?" I ask.
"I'll talk to Liam about it. But yeah I guess we can." Veronica said as she got her phone out of her pocket.
"Great. I'm gonna go call her." I said as I run out of the kitchen.
As I ran out of the kitchen, I accidentally ran into Liam.
"Hey slow down there mate, what's the hurry?" Liam asks.
"Sorry Liam. Im just excited about a phone call." I say as I go to the front porch.
After I shut the front door, I called Sharlotte to see if she'd go on the double date.
"Hey Louis, what's up?" Sharlotte asks once she answered.
"Hey Shar. I was wondering if you'd wanna go on a double date with my best mate, his wife and me." I explain.
"I don't know Lou. You know I don't like crowds. And besides, wouldn't that be awkward for you Louis?" She asks.
"Not at all. I tend to do stupid stuff around girls if I'm alone with them. Especially the ones I like." I say.
"Ok, I'll go on the double date with you guys. You do know your cheeky though right?" She asks.
"Yeah I know. I'll go let Veronica and Liam know. I'll text you tomorrow and tell you where it's at."
"Ok. I'll talk to you tomorrow than Louis." She says before hanging up.
After she hung up, I could help but smile. After all this time, I was finally gonna ask her to be my girlfriend. After I decided to go back inside, I smelled the familiar scent of Liam's cooking and I ran to the kitchen.
"Sharlotte said yes. I just have to let her know when the date would be." I say as I ran over to hug Natalie.
"That's great Louis. Your going to finally ask her out at last." Veronica says hugging me back.
After a couple of minutes talking to Liam and Veronica, (and eating breakfast). Sharlotte texted me.

Hey thanks for asking me to come on the date. I hope you don't mind that I'm bringing my boyfriend.

After I read it, I felt my heart drop. I felt like the whole world around me shattered into a million places.
"Louis, is everything ok?" Veronica asks causing me to snap out of my daze.
"Huh? Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking." I say hoping they bought it.
"I'm gonna go take a shower really quick before the meeting with Simon in an hour." Liam says noticing that Veronica wants to see what's up.
"Ok Louis, I know when your lying. So what's up?" Veronica asks sitting down across from me.
"Fine, Sharlotte has a boyfriend. She said that she was glad I asked and that she hopes I didn't mind if she brought her boyfriend." I say as I hold back tears.
"Oh Louis, I'm so sorry." She says hugging me.
"I am too." I say quietly as I cry into her shoulder.