Chapter Twenty Three

Liam's POV

"Veronica, are you ready to go?" I ask looking over at her eating.
"No, I'm eating my cereal before Niall eats it all." Veronica says with a mouthful of Coca Krispies.
"Don't worry about that, I can buy some more. Just go hide it in your luggage from the others." I explain.
"I can't, I have all of my recess-peanut buttercups in there." She said trying to hide her smile.
"Then where are all your clothes?" I ask with suspicion.
"They might not have been packed." She said sheepishly.
After she explained to me her clothes were never packed, I went to our room to look in her suitcase. When I see that she was right.
"I guess we have some shopping to do. Later before we come back." I say to myself.
"Hey mate. What are you still doing here? I thought you and Veronica would have left by now." Louis asks from behind me.
"Well, she was eating her cereal and she said she didn't want Niall to eat all of her cereal so I told her to put the box in her suitcase. She then said that she couldn't because her chocolate was in it and her clothes were NEVER packed. So, it looks like Beth is gonna have to help Veronica pick out a new wardrobe." I explained as I pushed the suitcase under the bed.
"Have fun with that then, know how Veronica loves shopping." Louis says laughing as he left the room.
"Li, I'm ready to go!" I hear Veronica call from the kitchen.

Veronica's POV

"Li, I'm ready to go!" I yell from the kitchen after rinsing out my bowl.
"Ok, there should be a car waiting for us at the entrance." Liam explains.
"Can you tell me where we're going?" I ask slipping my flip flops on.
"Let's just say, it's something that your going to really enjoy."

At McDonald's

"Aren't you worried about fans?" I ask once we go inside.
"No, because security here is tight when they have celebrate here." Liam says explaining the best he could.
"How come you keep looking at your phone babe?" I ask.
"Because the people that we are meeting up with just pulled in. I need you to put on this blindfold on. There identities need to be a secret for a bit." Liam says tying the blindfold around my eyes.

Liam's POV

After tying the blindfold around Veronica's eyes, I saw Dog and Beth walk in the restaurant. I point to Veronica and I lead her to one of the black SUV's that they drive.
"Liam, who's care is this, and why do I have to have this blindfold?" Veronica asks again when we pull out of the parking lot.
"I'll explain when we get to our destination love. Don't worry." I say holding back my laughter.
When we get to the mall, I told Veronica she could take off the blindfold.
"Hey love, you can take off the blindfold now. We're here." I say with a smile.
"I CAN'T! YOU TIED THE BLODDY BLINDFOLD TO WHERE I CANT UNTIE IT!" Veronica yells.
"Here I'll get it. Slide on out." I mumble when I get out.
Once she opened her eyes, and she adjusted to the bright lights, she saw Dog and Beth, her eyes nearly came out of her head.

Veronica's POV

"Oh my god, y-your Dog The Bounty Hunter." I say once I saw them.
"Yes we are. Come here." Beth says pulling me in for a hug.
"Are you one of those fans who will scream at the top of their lungs?" Duane Lee (The Dogs Son Duane Lee Jr." asks.
"No I'm one of those fans who's pretty calm." I explained.
"But not when you first met the lads and I. You nearly gave us a heart attack." Liam says laughing.
"Didn't you guys kidnap her though?" Dog's other son Leland asks.
"That would have been Louis and Harry. They did that a lot." Liam says turning red.
"Don't worry. Lele is just giving you a hard time." Dog's daughter Lisa says winking at Liam.
When I saw that Liam was uncomfortable with Lisa winking at him, I stood by him and put an arm around him. Only to get a glare from Lisa.
"So, are ya'll ready to go in?" Leland asks Beth and I.
"Hell yeah Leland. We're always down for shopping." Beth and I say together.
"So Veronica. What kind of music other then your fiancé's do you listen to?" Duane Lee asks me.
"Um, I usually will listen to country, rap, anything to be honest. I mainly just stick to Pop, country and Rock and Roll." I explain when we head to JCP.
"That's my kinda girl." Liam says whispering in my ear.
"Do you sing as well Veronica?" Beth asks spotting a rack of clothes.
"Kinda, I sing a little. I also play guitar with the band at the boys concerts. It's really fun except for when one of the get hurt." I say going to a rack near Beth.
Liam and the guys went to the men section of the store while I stayed with Beth and Lisa. I even managed to get good fashion tips from Beth.
"Oh Veronica, that looks beautiful. I wish I could manage to pull off those boots with that dress." Lisa says.
"I agree with Lisa." Beth said smiling while she took a picture.
While we were looking at outfits, I found a pair of ankle boots and a dress that ends just above the knees. The dress was a really light pink that complemented my light skin. The boots were a light shade of brown that felt like leather.
"Wow, Liam would love that outfit for the party tonight." I hear someone say behind me. I turn around and I see Leland and Duane Lee smiling at me.
"What party?" I ask looking at the two boys then over at Lisa and Beth.
"You two are idiots." Beth says pushing them out of the dressing room.
"What party were they talking about?" I asked.
"Duane and I are having a party and we invited you and Liam tonight. It's our daughters sixteenth birthday today." Beth explains.
"Really? Wow, today's my twenty-first birthday." I say smiling.
After that, we get back to talking and shopping away from the guys.

Liam's POV

"So Liam, does Veronica know about that party?" I hear Leland ask me.
"No, she doesn't know. Why do you ask?." I asked.
"I was just wondering." He asks before him and Duane Lee leave.
"So how long have you two been together?" Dog asks me.
"We've been together for about a year and a half. The truth is, yeah the boys did kidnap her, but I tried to stop them. I was planning on taking her back to her family but, she said that she never saw her family all that much because her dad is Buddy Valastro. In the end, she chose to stay with the lads and I." I explained after we choose some shirts.
"Did you ever plan on falling for Veronica?" He asks me.
"In the beginning no but then after she decided to stay, she never trusted any of the other boys. She only trusted me and never left my side. She still hasn't. Even when two of my ex's tried to break us up." I explain noticing Leland and Duane Lee walking over.
"They're gonna go do some girl time. So it looks like it's just us four for right now." Leland says.
After we pay for our things, we go to a few other stores and met up with the girls for lunch. This lunch area had all these restaurants that you could eat from.
"Where do you want to get love?" I ask Veronica.
"Can we get pizza?" She asks looking at the little pizza place.
"Yeah sure. What would you like on it?" I ask again.
"Mushrooms and pepperoni." She says with a smile.
When we get our food, we meet back up with the others in a booth. Veronica sat by Dog while I sat by her and Lisa.
"You got a little pizza sauce on your chin." Lisa says wiping my chin.
"Thanks." I say looking at her than going back to the conversation with Leland and Duane Lee.

Beth's POV

"Lisa, can I talk to you alone real quick please?" I ask Lisa when I see her flirt with Liam again.
"Yeah sure." She says getting up to follow me to another table.
"What do you think your doing huh? Why do you flirt with him when Veronica is right there? Do you not know how if feels to have a woman do that to your man when you'd engaged?" I ask sternly.
"She is a little girl Beth. He doesn't want to marry her. His eyes don't sparkle when he looks at her, or even talks about her." She says getting pretty pissed off.
"Oh yes they do Lisa. Both Veronica and Liam are getting married in a month, and your gonna do nothing about it. If you flirt with him any more, your dad will hear about this." I say getting up before she said another word about it.
When I got back to the table, I sat down by Liam. When Liam saw me, he whispered a thank you to me.
"Thanks. I was getting uncomfortable." He whispered.
"No problem Li." I whisper back smiling while I went back to eating my food.
After that, Liam and Veronica went back to their hotel while we went home.
"What was that all about at the restaurant when you pulled Lisa aside?" Duane asks once we get inside the house.
"I didn't want to say this in front of Veronica incase she didn't notice, but Lisa kept flirting with Liam, so I decided to pull Lisa aside and talk to her." I explained.
"What all did you say to her? She didn't look to happy." He asks.
"I told her that they were getting married in a month, and that there was nothing she could be able to do about it." I said.
"Well, let's just hope that she listens to you on this one." He says before going to be.

"Me too Duane, me too." I say to myself.