Chapter Forty Four

Part One

Buddy's POV

After I got the paperwork and things done for Veronica's party done, I went to get her. When I got to the kitchen, there was one sight I wish I had never seen. Veronica and Ralph had pranked the bakery once again.
"What's going on in here?" I shouted as I stepped over things.
"That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know it wasn't Veronica though because she was with me the whole time helping with a sketch for the little girl." Danny explained showing me the design.
"I think I have a pretty good feeling who it was. I'll be right back." I said as I head to the back.
When I got to the back of the bakery, there was my sisters laughing. After I realized what they were talking about, was that it was about the prank.
"So what do you think Buddy's gonna do when he see's the bakery?" Lisa asks.
"Probably think that it was Ralph and Veronica." Maddalena explained.
"I don't think so with Veronica because she was with Danny the whole time. So he'll just think that it was just Ralph." Mary said proving a point.
"So who's gonna help clean the bakery?" I asked once they were thinking about who I'd think did it.
"What are you talking about?" Lisa asked smiling.
"You know I heard what you said right?" I asked laughing.
"Dad, Danny and I are done with the cake. You ready to go?" Veronica asks walking up behind me.
"Yeah I was just looking for you. Just meet me out in the car. I'll be out in a minute." I said looking at her.
"Ok. Good luck guys." Veronica said looking at my sisters.
"Buddy, you have to believe us, Veronica told us about this. She was the one who has us plan this whole thing." Mary said as her eyes grew wide.
"Oh, and so you'd think I should have her get in trouble for something you guys did?" I asked.
"Buddy, I think you should see this." Danny said walking into the back.
When I followed him, I saw a robber holding Veronica by the neck. When he saw me, he pointed the gun right at me.
"Stay back, of nobody gets hurt." He said backing away slowly.
"What do you want with my daughter?" I asked.
"Oh I think she knows. And she knows that if any of you try to help her she's gonna die." The person said stopping at the door.
"Please, just let my daughter go." My wife Lisa pleads.
"I'm afraid I can't. I will give you details later if you want to see her again." They said pulling her outside.
We all run outside but it was too late. They already got in the van and rushed off. Who knows when I was gonna see my baby girl again.