Chapter Thirty Six

Veronica's POV

"What are you doing here Sharlotte? You shouldn't be here!" I hear Liam yell before storming down the stairs.
"Liam, let me explain please." She says following him.
"Explain what? How you weren't the one who made Louis try to kill himself? Or how you had NO clue whatsoever that he liked you!" He says stopping in his tracks.
"Look, I love Louis, but everything is complicated. You have NO idea how long I've loved him!" She says before storming out of the house.
"Liam, I think I'm gonna go talk to her." I say while running out of the house.
When I got outside, I saw Sharlotte sitting on the steps crying.
"Sharlotte. Hey don't cry love." I say sitting down next to her.
"I'm sorry Veronica. It's just, I've loved Louis for as long as I can remember. Before he went to audition for X Factor, I was gonna tell him how I felt. But I couldn't because I didn't want him to give up on the X Factor." She says looking at me.
"It's ok Sharlotte. He loves you to. Do you know how much he talks about you?" I ask pulling her in for a hug.
"I'm sure he doesn't feel that way about me anymore. I actually was gonna ask him to hang out sometime. I broke up with my boyfriend because he's been abusive to me." She explained.
"Tell you what. I'm gonna bring you with me to the hospital tomorrow before I head off to the airport. Since I'm going to be flying home to see my family for a while. That sound like a plan?" I ask.
"Thanks Veronica. But I don't want to intrude on you or Liam. Just like I did tonight already." She says wiping away tears.
"Don't worry. Liam was just over reacting. He's always like that when someone doesn't tell him ahead of time when they're coming over." I explain.
"I guess I should have asked. I just didn't think you guys would wants to talk to me. Liam was right about one thing though. It is all my fault that Louis in the hospital right now." She said.
"It's not your fault. You didn't know Louis was gonna hurt himself. Actually, how were any of us supposed to know?" I ask.
"I guess your right." She says leaning her head on my shoulder.
After we talk for a few more minutes, Sharlotte looked down at her phone and started to panic.
"I-I better get home. My ex is threatening to throw everything out if I don't go get it." She says standing up.
"Do you have any where to go?" I ask following her to the car.
"I'm just gonna go stay at a hotel for a little while. I'll be fine." She explained.
"Bring all your stuff here. I don't want you staying at a hotel. I'll talk to Liam. Just come back here ok?" I ask. She then sighed knowing she wouldn't win this argument.
"Ok. I'll come back. But I'm not gonna stay long." She says before leaving.
I then headed back inside to talk to Liam about Sharlotte staying at our place with us for a while.

Liam's POV

While Veronica was outside talking to Sharlotte, I decided to make her and I some tea while I waited. When Veronica came back inside, she looked worried.
"Everything ok love?" I ask handing her the cup of tea.
"Liam, I was talking to Sharlotte and she has changed. She broke up with her boyfriend because he was hurting her emotionally and physically. He threatened to toss everything if she didn't go get it. So I offered her to stay here for a while because she wouldn't have a place to stay other than a disgusting hotel." She says all in one breath.
"Veronica, you do know that you and I are leaving to see your mum and dad in New Jersey right? Who's gonna stay and be with here while we're gone?" I asked sitting down at the table.
"I was kinda hoping that Cheryl would come stay with her? I mean, Cheryl did say she could house sit for us." Veronica explained.
"Fine. She can stay. But I'm going to instal some more cameras so I can keep a better eye on her." I say sternly. Veronica nodded and got up to leave.
"What has my life become?" I ask myself as I get up to go get the cameras.