Chapter Fifty Nine

Veronica's POV

After sending Louis and Maya outside, I quickly went over to the couch and grabbed a book to start reading. As if on que, Liam walked in the door and walked into the hallway towards the living-room.
"Hey love. Where's Maya?" Liam asks leaning against the frame.
"She's outback. She said she didn't need any help setting anything up, so I came in here." I explained.
"To read The Perks Of Being A Wallflower? I thought you hated that book." Liam says chuckling as he crossed his arms.
"Well, Maya got me into it when she showed me the movie the other day. So I thought I'd give the book a try."
"Whatever you say love. By the way, have you heard from, or seen Louis today? Simon was upset when he didn't show up." Liam says looking concerned.
"Actually I did, he was helping Maya and I with baking. That's why Maya said she didn't need my help. I should've texted you." I said as I face palmed myself.
"It's fine, I was just wondering. When does Maya want us in the backyard for her little photoshoot?" He asks sitting down.
"I heard someone say my name." Maya says walking into the living-room with Louis right behind.
"You heard right. When do you want us out back?" Liam asks.
"Actually, now would be great. But, I need you to trust Louis an I when we get outside." Maya explains.
"Trusting you two is something that I've learned not to ever really trust if I don't want anything reckless to happen." Liam said causing me to laugh.
"But this will be worth it. It's a matter of my life." Louis says dramatically.
"Just do it babe. Besides, what's the worst that could happen?" I asked.
"Well for one, they would probably try to do something to our flat." Liam says looking concerned.
"Fine, will you trust me?" I asked getting annoyed. He nods.
"Good, now come on already." Louis and Maya say leading us outside.
Once we got outside, the backyard looked amazing. I looked over at the tree that the sign was hiding behind along with the cookies. All I needed to do, was put a blindfold over Liam's eyes that way Louis and Maya could hand me everything else.
"What do you want us to do first?" Liam asks looking at Maya.
"Just some funny ones. So, kind of like Niall and Louis on tour." Maya explains.
"How do you know what they act like?" Liam asks.
"Every time I was doing a FaceTime with her, Niall and Louis were being, well they were being them." I explain.
"Ah ok. That makes sense." Liam says chuckling.
After we do a few funny shots, we did a few serious ones. That's when Maya gave me the go for doing the baby reveal.
"Liam, we need you to put this blindfold over your eyes." Maya says handing me the blindfold.
"Woah, nobody told me anything about wearing that." Liam said.
"Relax, it'll be worth it after this." I explained as I tied it around.
"Fine. But if the flat looks like Louis' or Niall's flats I'm not gonna be happy about it." He warned.
"HEY! My flat isn't that BAD!" Louis says crossing his arms again.
"Shut up already will you!" Maya says smacking his arm.
After I tied the blindfold around his eyes and made sure he couldn't see, Louis and Maya brought me the sign and cookies, I faced Maya and Louis as Maya took some pictures.
"Ok Liam, you can take your blindfold off and turn around now." I said smiling.
As he was taking the blindfold off, I was getting more and more nervous. Not because I've been hiding this for the past few days, but because today, today was Liam's twenty-fourth birthday. When he took it off and looked at the sign, his eyes got big.

"Y-Your pregnant?" He asks looking at me with shock.
"Yes. Your going to be a dad!" I said laughing and crying.
"I'm going to be a dad!" He said hugging me tightly as he picks me up.
As he was spinning me around, Maya took pictures while Louis was taping us. It wasn't till another minute later that Liam put me down and looks at me.
"How long have you been pregnant love?" He asks.
"I just found out the other day after you went to work." I said, tears still falling.
"Who else knows about this?" He asks looking at my stomach.
"Nobody. Just us, and those two." I said as I looked over at Maya and Louis.
"Veronica made us promise not to tell anyone about it. She wanted you both to be the ones to tell everyone else." Louis says.
"Looks like we got a bunch of planning to do then." Liam says laughing as he hugs me once more.

A few hours later

Liam's POV

After eating dinner an hour ago, Louis and Maya went back to their flats. So now, it was just Veronica and I figuring out how to tell Niall and Harry, then our families about Veronica being pregnant.
"What if we just do a scavenger hunt for Harry and Niall? They like to go find things." Veronica suggests.
"I'm starting to be up for anything. I never knew how many ways there could be just to surprise people." I said as I looked up from my phone.
"I know. With our families it'll probably be a little easier since I can try to put my baking to the test." She says looking at me.
"If we did do the cake idea what would it be?" I asked.
"Well it wouldn't have to be a specific thing. If we did the cake idea, I could try to do coloring on the inside with pink and blue or whatever. I'd have to look up ideas online though." She says.
"This is harder then I thought. How were you able to plan the secret from me over the last few days?" I asked.
"It was actually pretty easy. I kind of had an idea of how I was gonna tell you." She said chuckling.
"That actually gives me an idea. Why don't we just do what you did with me, but differently. We do what Niall and Harry like, then what our families like." I suggest.
"I like that idea. I'm glad I had that idea with you." She says laughing.
"Why don't we sleep on it? Then that way we can have tomorrow to think about it." I say yawning.
"Yeah let's do that. I'm getting really tired too." She says.
When we got to our room, I couldn't help but think about Veronica telling me that she was pregnant. I just hope that she doesn't ever find out about the secret that I've been keeping from her. This could destroy her. And it could destroy our family before it has even gotten a chance to start.