Chapter Fifty Four

Veronica's POV

"Veronica, love you need to wake up. We're here." Liam says as he shakes me.

"Where are we?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes.
"At the police station. We're here to talk about what happened remember?" He asks.
"Yeah now I do." I said as I opened my door and got out.
When we went inside, I see Henry and his lawyer Mr. Campbell talking in the lobby. I didn't see my dad around, so I guess they were waiting for him.
"Hey Mr. Campbell. Nice to see you again. How are you?" Paul asks walking up to him to shake his hand.
"I'm doing great. How's your family?" He asks smiling.
"They're doing good." He said.

After that, I stopped listening. I was looking around to see where my dad was. Next thing I know, I see someone walking over to us.

"Hey Princess." My dad says as he walks over to me.
"Hey dad. Did you already talk to them?" I asked.
"I didn't. I just sat in with Henry and Mr. Campbell. Want me to go with you guys?" He asked.
"Yeah sure." I as Paul, Liam and dad go to talk to someone.
"I'll wait in the hallway. If you guys need me, I'll be out here." Dad says before we walked inside a room.
After going into the room with Liam and Paul, I was feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"You ok love?" Liam asks looking at me.
"I'm just worried is all." I said looking into his eyes.
"As long as you tell them what happened, your good." He says. I nodded.
A few minutes later, the police officer walks in and we got down to it.

After the questioning.

When I was done talking to the officer about what happened, I had Paul go out to see if my dad was still in the hallway. When he wasn't, Liam, Paul and I walked out of the room to go find him.
After we got to the lobby, we couldn't find my dad anywhere. So, Paul decided to go back towards where I talked to the police officer to see if my dad had went somewhere while he was waiting for us.
"Don't worry love, I'm sure he's around here somewhere." Liam says pulling me into his chest.
"How long were we in there?" I asked looking up at him.
"We weren't in there that long. About ten or fifteen minutes. Twenty at the most." Liam explained.
After a few more minutes, I see Paul walking over to us without my dad.
"He wasn't back there when I went to the room we were in. He probably just had to make a call while he was waiting." Paul says after he walked over to us.
"I'm gonna text him and tell him that we're done." I say while getting my phone from my pocket.

To Dad:

Hey where are you? We're in the lobby waiting.

After I sent the text, Paul thought it would be a good idea to go check at the front desk to see if they seen my dad.
"Excuse me ma'am, we were wounding if you've seen this man walking out alone?" Paul asks showing a picture of my dad.
"Yes I did. He was talking to someone on the phone." She says after looking at the picture for a bit.

"When was this?" Paul asks.
"About five or ten minutes after he went to the back with you three. While he was on the phone, he looked a bit worried when he was in the phone." She explained.
"Did you happen to overhear what he was saying?" I asked.
"Something about his daughter and son-in-law. I didn't really hear much." She says.
"Thanks for the help." Liam says as we head outside.
"Veronica, where did you say Henry ditched the car exactly?" Paul asks once we got to the car.
"A block or two away from the bakery. Why?" I asked.
"Because I think I know what happened while we were in the meeting room." Paul says while we take off towards the bakery.

Buddy's POV

While waiting for Liam, Veronica and Paul, I felt my phone vibrate. I looked down at the caller ID, and saw that it was the same number that called about Veronica. So, I decided to go outside to answer.

"Hello." I said answering once I got to the lobby.
"Hello Buddy. You ready to give up Veronica? Or are you gonna just let the police come after us?" The voice asks.
"Your not taking my daughter away from me again." I said gritting my teeth.
"No, but we will take you instead." The voice says before hanging up.
Next thing I know, I am grabbed from behind and pulled into a car.