The Sky isn't always blue.

I don't remember a time when I wasn't confident with my looks but that's not to say I didn't feel like the odd one in my family. My mother and sister were both blonde with perfect hazelnut-green eyes. They had the same bone structure as my grandmother, high cheekbones and dazzling smiles. I on the other hand have dark hair and startling blue eyes, my nose is pointy and completely different from the rest of my family's. I had spent enough time in the mirror wondering what made people so attracted to me. Was it the ocean blue eyes? The pouty lips? The dark hair that had changed from blonde to brunette? What was it?

It was the winter when I finally stopped caring.

"I'm so hot." Angela sighs, whipping a bead of sweat from her forehead. I snort with laughter.

"What?" She asks.

"You're high." I say flatly.

"You're immature." she retorts, mimicking my flat tone.

"Says the one imitating me." I shoot back. "Imitation is the best form of flattery." She drawls and turns around, facing me.

"How do I look?" She ask batting her eyelashes at me. She's sitting cross legged on her black rotating chair and her hair, light brown this month, was wavy and her lips were pink. She's wearing a loose hanging white top and a chain, with one single, round pendant.

"Fine." I say with a sigh and fall back onto her bed.

"What?" she gasps in outrage. Angela had never received a fine when she asked how she looks. The sad thing was, when I looked up she looked genuinely appalled.

"Does it matter Angela?" I snap.

"Yes Skylar, it does." She responds, raising an eyebrow.

"Why?" I ask in exasperation.

She juts her chin out stubbornly and curls her lip in disbelief "It just does."

"Why?" I repeat.

"Look Skylar, why shouldn't it? I'm not a bubbly bitch like you so I can't exactly get by on personality." she says.

We stare at each other in disbelief and then burst out laughing. The thought of me being bubbly was too much to handle. "Let's get out of here." I say laughing. I jump off the bed and fix my black leather jacket. Underneath it, I wore a simple white top that went perfectly with my dark blue- almost black skinny jeans and black Mules.

She loops her arm through mine and we walk out of the house, laughing loudly.

Her dad's car was parked outside and she paled significantly.

"When did he get here?" I ask in disbelief.

She shakes her head and shrugs, hopping into her car. She drives and the warm California air hits us through the window, despite that it's winter.

She's looking at me from the corner of her eye and I laugh at her expression. "Focus on the road" I say pointing in front of us.

"You're beautiful, do you know that?" she asks, finally focusing her attention on the road. "And it matters because you're different from everyone else. I've never met someone as unique as you are." I glance at her in shock.

"It matters because it makes me unique?" I echo and she nods.

Pursing her lips, she says "It made more sense in my head."

We both burst out laughing as she came to a halt in front of a large building with a large sign on it with the words Sebastian.

"You have your fake?" She asks as she fixes her lipstick in her tiny foundation mirror.

I nod vaguely, her words echoing through my head.

You're different from everyone else.

She beams at me and opens her car door. I like being fucking different I think to myself with a smile.

♡♡♡♥♥♥

So I had to tell you what Skylar looks like somehow :| I'll edit this chapter at a later stage ;)

And the character for Skylar will be portrayed as...kayla Scodelario. Yes, I finally chose someone!

Enjoy your day ;)

xxx

Natalie♡