Genna with a "G"

Genna was one of the luckiest people I knew. Her mom and dad were still married. Her mom was rich already wealthy enough to not have to work after inheriting millions from her parents, who owned one of the most successful fashion houses in the world. Her dad was a ruthless businessman who owned companies far and wide and had connections everywhere. They were rich beyond your wildest imagination and were also the people that our parents aspired to be. They watched their every moves, jealous of their grace and perfection but still appreciative of the fact that they could walk in the same social circles as them.
Genna, their daughter, my friend was flighty and irresponsible. She had a carelessness that only a lifetime of security provided by a safe financial past and future could provide.

"At least my boobs don't reach my chin." Angela snapped childishly.

"My chin reaches my boobs," Jamie corrects. "And at least I'm not a whore."

Before Angela has time to respond, Genna sits down and says "Girls you're both slags." She gracefully crosses her legs and looks behind her to see a smiling at a fresh faced junior who was eagerly holding up a gigantic black bag that I'd see in Vogue.

"Thanks Tim." She beams up at him.

"A slave?" I ask in disbelief when "Tim" had walked off and given Genna her bag. He would probably be sniffing his hand after holding her bag, thinking how lucky he'd been to get attention from the queen.

"It's senior year." She shrugs innocently and bats her eyelashes enchantingly.

"And nice to see you too, Skylar." She drawls sarcastically. "I got three texts this entire summer." She pouts.

"You were on a cruise." I point out.

"With family!" she says, her lip curling on disgust and her perfect little nose wrinkled.

"Divas!" Jethro walks towards us and greets us in a high pitched voice.

"No boys!" Genna pouts delicately, pushing his arm off her shoulder and flipping her straight, black glossy hair.

"He's not a boy!" Angela exclaims.

"There's so much wrong with that sentence." Jamie says, shaking her head and looking around her at the big field we were forced to sit on during our lunch period.

Jethro rolls his eyes sitting down anyway. "Is that-" his eyes widen in disbelief as he points to Genna's bag.

She interrupts him with a smug smile. "Got it from Europe. "

He gave her a look of confusion. "As if I give two shits about your bag!" he snorts with laughter. "Is that a pretty little liar book? Can't believe you're reading that shit!"

Genna scowls "I thought you were finally becoming the ideal gay best friend."

He rolls his eyes "Honey, I may be gay but I have no interest in prada." He says, his voice returning to it's usual pitch.