And then she started dancing

My hands behind my head, I close my eyes and move my hips sensually.

And then she started dancing, sexual romancing.

I peek through an one eye and smile to myself because everyone was watching.

Most of the boys with open hunger written all over their faces and the girls with envy. Normally I wouldn't feed off this kind of attention but today, I'm in the mood so I grab one of the prettier girls who wasn't even looking at me or paying me any attention.

I wink  at her and she laughs, placing her hands on my hips and dancing with me as the song Confident by Justin Bieber vibrates through the speakers. When the song finishes, she let's go and walks over to her friends waving at me.

I laugh as I feel fatigue over take my body and make my way out of the large house owned by some dude I didn't even know. The wind blows through my hair as I walk outside and I hug my cardigan tighter over my body. I walk to my car and open the door before slipping in. I debate whether I'm okay to drive or not and when I've decided that I am, I quickly check my phone, glancing at the string of messages. I look at one particular thread in shock.

Kevin.

I rub my eyes and look at the name again.

I open the single message which consisted of two words:

I'm sorry.

I snort to myself and delete the message, hoping I wouldn't remember it tomorrow. I secure myself in the seatbelt. If only he knew that right now I was tipsy at a party of a person I didn't even know. Driving carefully through the middle class neighbourhood, I envied each of the people in the houses. It was a truly beautiful neighbourhood. I think of stopping at the beach but I generally avoid it at all costs lately, especially if I'm alone, intoxicated or it's at night. I comforted myself with the knowledge that it was too windy anyway. I sighed as I pulled up into my driveway. The beach was a walking distance from my house but I usually drove, too afraid of being fried by the brutal sun. Going to the beach was something I used to enjoy to the epitome of my being. I parked my car, carefully through the garage and roll up my windows. I'd opened them in the hopes that the harsh wind would quickly sober me up and luckily my plan had worked. Only slightly but the difference was noticeable. My head was no longer light and I hadn't drank that much anyway. For once the thought of alcohol hadn't held much appeal. Staying seated in my car, I pick up my phone and dial a familiar number.

"Hello?" a hoarse voice croaks.

"You're sleeping already?" I ask in disbelief.

I hear him smile through the phone as he says "I'm getting old."

I check the time on the dashboard

21:05

I add three hours to that.

"It's only midnight there!" I exclaim but feel guilty about calling so late.

"Only?" My dad echoes in disbelief.

I laugh and say "I'm sorry dad, I'll call back tomorrow."

"Nonsense!" he laughs at me. "What is it baby girl?" He asks.

"I just wanted to say hi." I say in a small voice. There's a stunned silence through the phone and then he roars with laughter. "How's your sister?" He asks.

"Good." I say with a small smile.

"She told me you made up, I'm proud of you."

"Thank you daddy!" I beam. "And thank you for the present. I loved it!" I exclaim.

"I'm glad, listen honey; I'll call back tomorrow." I swallow back a sigh "Shay's waking up." he says in way of explanation. Shay is my dad's long time girlfriend. I laugh, "Okay daddy. And tell Shay I say hi! love you." I say.

"Love you too, angel." He says before hanging up.

I fumble for my clutch bag and get out of the car noting my sister's car in the driveway next to my mother's black Mercedes. Dray's car is missing so I assume they took his.

I walk into the house going straight to Katlyn's room.

"Whoa." I say when I enter without knocking. She giggles at my reaction. "You like?" she asks.

I nod my head as I look around at her room. The walls are painted turquoise and her blinds are white. The floor is a sandy wood and the doors to her balcony are also covered in long white curtains. Her round bed is made up with a mixture of white and blue bedding and the white doors to her closet are shut. Somehow she makes it worse.

"Copy cat." I grin.

She laughs "When was the last time you were in here?"

"Before you left." I say simply, shrugging.

She nods and looks back at her laptop which is on her bed. She's sitting with her legs crossed in front of it and her wavy blonde hair is tied up in a loose ponytail.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

She looks up and grins at me, "I'm twenty, the plan isn't to stay at home all the time." "When are you going back to New York?" I ask and she shrugs, "I dropped out." she responds flatly.

I gasp "but you spent forever trying to get into the film school Katlyn!" I exclaim in shock. She bursts out laughing and I see that she's joking.

"I can afford to miss a few classes but I needed to come down here to see you. I'm going back next week now that we're OK. But I can't live with dad forever." She says.

I nod my head in understanding and I walk over the chair by her desk, listening intently as she tells me stories about New York. 
"I think I wanna do photography after school" I say to her. She beams at me "you could come to NYC!" She says excitedly.
I run my hands along the different ornaments as she finishes telling me about the apartment she badly wanted
"... it's only down the road from dad."
"Tell dad to get it for you." I say. She was concerned that someone else would outbid her. She presses her lips together as if appalled by the idea then she laughs "okay, that's already what I've done. He's confident I'll get it. He knows the landlord and he put in a word for me."
"Sounds like dad" I say with a laugh. "I just called him, actually."
"Really?" She asks, glancing at the corner of her laptop which she'd put to the side of her bed as she lay on her stomach. Her eyebrows furrow in confusion "isn't it a bit late there?" She asks, looking back at me, her eyes searching for something. I'm not quite sure what.
"Mhh. I just missed him." I say quietly. She nods her head in understanding "I know how you feel. I sometimes miss home so much but at least I have dad. I know that mom isn't home much. It must suck" I sigh and stretch my legs, ready to avoid the heay topic.

"It's a Friday night, what are you doing back so early?" She asks, noticing the way I'd closed up.

I shake my head "I'm exhausted. The party wasn't all that fun in any case"

She's looking at me cautiously and I fidget uncomfortably until she nods her head slowly, concern written all over her face.

"Okay." she says finally.

"Night Katy." I say giving her a tight smile and stand up, exiting her room. I hear her sigh when the door closes and then the faint sound of her fingers moving across the keyboard.