Aesthetic satisfaction

Angelas POV

♡♡♡♥♥♥

Strong. If you love someone. You love him. Not a burden. Strength. You need to be...

Skylar's words echoed through my head the entire day as I was in an out of consciousness. I knew Devon hadn't meant to hurt me. I'd pushed him. Why had I panicked so much that I had texted Skylar? I shook my head, furious at myself before I felt a stabbing pain hit me in a dizzying rush making me put my head back on my pillow. I needed something to stop my thoughts and the painkillers that Skylar had pumped me up with were doing an effective enough job. As if I needed anymore help being knocked out. I knew that somewhere in the back of my mind that even if Skylar didn't ask, I would have to tell her the truth. I would have to tell her everything. And soon enough, Damien would be asking questions that I didn't want to answer. He would find out about the baby and about Devon and my more than far stretched truth. 

When I woke up for the third time this afternoon Skylar was standing by the door. Her hair is wavy and perfectly frames her face. She's not wearing any make up and her body is covered in a white top that hangs off her shoulders and baby blue high waisted jeans. Her feet are bare. She smiles when she sees I've woken up.

"Were you watching me sleep?" I croak.

The room is silent as we look at each other and then collapse into laughter.

The doorbell rings from way bellow us and echos throughout her large house. The laughter vanishes from her eyes and she looks at me about to open her mouth to speak.

"You didn't. " I hiss noting the way she'd stiffened. I knew instantly that the last thought I'd had before I fell asleep was coming back to bite me in the ass.

"Angela, it's for the best." she responds

"What if I had invited Katlyn? "

"That's not the same thing. " She says with narrowed eyes. I'm already getting out of bed. "I'm not the one who got pregnant." She hisses cruelly.

"Angela!" she says angrily motioning for me to get back into bed. I stop for a minute to let her words sink in.

"What, Skylar? I can't believe you'd do this to me." I don't know how I'd known that she'd called him but from the way her face had been masked in guilt I'd just known. I stood and looked around me like a trapped animal, searching for somewhere to go. I didn't have time to argue with her or even think about how angry Damien would be once he found out and about what she said. I would think about all of that as soon as this ordeal was over. I drew in a sharp breath

The doorbell rang again and she turned around to go get it but before she left she looked at me and said "You need to grow the fuck up and realise that your mistakes -when they're of such biblical proportions- screw us all over." And then she slams her bedroom door and leaves me standing in shock. Where the hell did that come from? I can only imagine how far down that place is

♡♡♡♥♥♥

He comes through Skylar's bedroom door two minutes later. Even the energy surrounding him is angry and disappointed.

"What the hell were you thinking?"

"Damien, this isn't my fault. "

"She's right. " Skylar whispered from the doorway.

"Shut up Skylar. " I snap, my earlier irritability rising again. I can't believe she did this to me.

"Oh great, turn on the only person willing to help you." he says sarcastically . "You dissappear for five fucking days and come back with bruises and blood everywhere and you still don't come home? I swear to God, I'm gonna kill the bastard" Damien says angrily.