17.

Thomas Scott
"Aw sweetheart you look all grown up!" Mum cooed as I walked down the stairs in a black shirt and trousers with a high collar jacket. "Who are you dressed up for?"
"Erm I'm taking Faye to that little Italian place down in town. I don't know what time we'll be back" I said and checked sure I looked ok in the mirror beside our door. I was more nervous than I should be. I was planning on properly asking her to be my girlfriend tonight. I couldn't wait any longer for her and it seemed as if she were putting it off. But I knew I loved her so I just had to go for it.
"Are you two dating yet?" Mum asked and I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.
"That's why I'm taking her out tonight, so I can ask her to be my girlfriend" I said and Mum sighed.
"It's a shame you two are going to be separated in a few months. You have told her we're leaving haven't you" she raised her eyebrow and I nodded.
"Can't I just stay here? I'll get a job I'll do something I don't want to leave here. I have everything I need here"
"But I need your father Thomas. We're not discussing this again. Now. Have you got everything?" She said ignoring my attempt at staying.
"Yes. Just not the girl" I sighed and walked out of the house.

I got my bike and two helmets out of the garage and went over to her house. I revved the bike engine and before long her door opened and a look of shock care on her face. I smiled and held out a helmet.
But I had to admire how beautiful she looked. She was just in ripped black jeans an orange cropped tshirt and leather jacket. I scanned my eyes up and down her body and she truly was beautiful. And it was a true beauty, inside and out.
She held out her hand and took the helmet slipping it on her head. "I didn't think you'd be that willing" I laughed and I saw her smirk.
"I have to say though. You look very good with that biker look. Very beautiful. Very my type" I grinned at her and she threw her head back in a laugh.
I clipped my helmet on and got on the bike. I started the engine as she swung her legs over the bike. "Hold onto me!" I yelled over the roar of the engine. She moved forward so she was pressed right against me. I sucked in a deep breath as her chest pressed against my back and her arms went around me.
I revved the engine again and started to move forward, I laughed to myself as I heard her squeal and hold me tighter.

The drive was only ten minutes but she didn't loosen her grip around me at any point, so when we stopped and she let go, I could finally breathe again.
"That was kind of fun except for the fact you almost stopped me breathing" I said taking off the helmet and rubbing my stomach. She reached up and ruffled the top of my hair before she nodded unclipping the helmet and shaking her hair out of it. "You're beautiful" I slipped out and Faye smiled shaking her head.
"Thank you Thomas"

I took her hand nervously and led her inside the restaurant

I took her hand nervously and led her inside the restaurant. It was quiet for a Saturday night but it was nice.
"Oh shit Faye look" I said and pointed to the door we had just walked through. I saw Faye's face curl up in confusion as Mendes and Miss Lennon walked in arm in arm.
"What the fuck" Faye said quietly but angrily.
"Well he has a life too. But I would of never pictured those two to be dating. That's a weird thought" I laughed but Faye didn't return the laughter. She just stared at the pair. "What?" I asked but she shrugged.
"For fucks sakes" I heard her say and I looked over to see they had the table behind ours. Faye was facing them and I had my back to Miss Lennon. She looked down at the menu and seemed to forget about them.

"Why haven't you got a boyfriend?" I piped up half way through the dinner. Faye shrugged.
"I'm picky and I don't trust people because they'll always go behind your back and fuck it up" she said looking beyond my face and behind me.
"You know I wouldn't do that to you." I said reaching for her hand and she nodded.
" I know you wouldn't" she smiled and stroked the back of my hand with her small thumb.
"Then let me-"
"Hello you two. Didn't expect you two to be here" we heard from behind us. Miss Lennon was turned round and I awkwardly smiled.
"We didn't expect you two to be the type to date" Faye said and I couldn't help but snigger.
"Well teachers can have relationships too" Mendes said and I looked back at Faye.
"They certainly can" she almost growled and I raised my eyebrow at her.
"Is something going on between you two?" I whispered to her and she sniggered.
"No way." She laughed and smiled at me and I nodded.

Whilst over dessert I thought that this would be the best time to ask her. I took a deep breath in and let it back out.
"You ok?" She asked and I nodded.
"Just a bit nervous I guess" I laughed and she squinted her eyes at me.
"Nervous for what?" She raised her drink and took a drink.
"Asking you to be my girlfriend" I said and she choked on her water. "Sorry that was a bit sudden" I laughed and she nodded. I heard coughing also from behind me.
"Thomas..." she said after her coughing finished.
"I know I know. But I've come to realise that I don't want anyone else but you. You're the one I want even if we can't be together for much longer. You're just everything I want from a girlfriend. I know I've been a dick to you, but every day till I leave I will treat you right. And like a princess" I smiled and she smiled too looking into my eyes. "Please lets just give this a chance. Will you be my girlfriend for the next eight months" I smiled and she blushed.
"So when you get on that plane is it just a mutual break up?" She asked and I shrugged.
"Unless you think we can do long distance. But yes I'm sorry" I said and she nodded.
"Ok" she said smiling and I raised my eyebrow.
"Ok what ok?"
"Yes I'll be your eight month girlfriend" she laughed and a huge weight was released from my shoulders. I lifted her hand and placed it to my lips giving the back of her hand a gentle kiss.
"Thank you. For giving this a chance" she nodded and we waited for the waitress to come back with our bill. This night couldn't get better if I tried.