22.

Faye Dawson
Thomas' hands rubbed the top of my shoulders and his fingertips hooked under my dress slowly pulling the top of it down past my shoulders.
"Can I?" He whispered in my ear and I smiled.
"Yes" I said simply back.
He continued to slide the top down and over my arms. I pulled my arms out and turned round to face him.
I slid off his waistcoat and started unbuttoning his shirt. I looked up at him and he nodded his head showing it was ok. I unbuttoned his shirt and slid it off his shoulders.
I took a moment to take in everything. His toned torso, the scar on his left shoulder all of it.
"Did it hurt" I said running my fingers over the scar.
"It did at the time. And the memory hurts. But that's all" he said running his hands down my waist slipping the dress all the way down so it was pooled at my feet. I kicked it away and he reached for me but I pushed his hands away.
"Excuse me but I have more clothes off than you. Not fair" I pouted and he smiled shaking his head. He took of his black suit trousers and I smiled.
"This is very different for us" he said as he went to lie down on my bed. I followed and situated myself on top of him straddling is waist.
"I'll miss you" I said and he sat up so we were face to face.
"I'm going to miss you more than I could ever try and describe" he said kissing me gently.

He fell backwards taking me with him. I smiled as he held my waist. He rolled over so his lanky frame was on top of me. I reached down to the waistband of his underwear but he pulled away.
"Faye," he said looking seriously into my eyes. "I'm leaving tomorrow, I can't be with you. I'd feel terrible if we did this because I can't be a proper boyfriend to you like I'd want" Thomas said and I saw his eyes get glassy with tears. "I love you Faye. I do. I know I do. And I want to" he continued.
"Thomas there's no one I'd rather loose it to" I said honestly. And he smiled. "I love you" I cried smiling and he smiled through his tears. 

And so that night was one I'll never forget. He was gentle and always reminded me that he loves me and this meant everything to him. And I knew it. I knew that he loved me and I loved him no matter where we were. We'd been by each other's sides for over ten years and neither of us regretted that night. It was right. There was no one else I wanted to loose it to other than my best friend.

But it meant that standing at the airport with him was so much harder.

"When I leave. Go back to my house and use the key. Go up to my room and there's a box underneath my bed that I want you to have. I have a copy of everything that's in the box" Thomas said mysteriously and I nodded.
"I will ring you as soon as I get there ok?" He said as I hugged him tightly. I looked over his shoulder and saw both of our mothers tearing up at our goodbye.
I couldn't stop the tears from falling no matter how hard I tried. I tried to shut my eyes and pretend it wasn't happening but it was no use. It was happening and I gave up trying to hide my upset.
"Promise you'll come back for when I leave school?" I said pulling away and looking between Thomas and his mum.
"Of course sweetheart. I will make sure he does" Linda said and I smiled giving her a hug.
"Come on darling we have to go" Linda said with a tear falling from her eyes. Thomas nodded and turned to me a final time.
I took in a deep breath and smiled.
"It's ok" I said up at him reaching up and wiping away a few falling tears.
"I love you Dawson" Thomas said giving me a hug.
"I love you Tommy" I smiled and he bend down giving me a long loving final kiss. I held onto his hand till the last possible moment. He squeezed it gently before walking away through security and I knew it would be months before I would see him again.