Plan #18: Jean

----------------------------

The sound of the engine roared as Benjo hit the gas of the car. He never fail to make my heart beat in irregular pattern as we sat beside each other in the front seat of his car. I put my hand on my left chest feeling the every beat of my heart. There is this striking feeling that makes it hard for me to breathe but still, I try my hardest to maintain my best self composure. I even try not to give any hint that every time he smile and looked at me, his actions always makes me feel dumbfounded.

As he drove, I noticed that he will took a glance at me and smile for a while with no apparent reason, then he would quickly shift his attention back on the road. I can’t imagine that I would ever feel like this again after my heart breaking past when Max passed away because of an accident. I don’t know if I could or I wish I couldn’t. 

We came to a sudden halt. Benjo turned the engine off. I glanced through the window of his car, inside my head, I never knew this place ever since and it’s just my first time here. I heard the the sound as Benjo climbed off the car and slammed the door off. I saw his beautiful face when he opened the door in front of me.  Hindi ko alam kung bakit ako nababalisa sa mga simpleng ginagawa niya. I felt like different, I think I almost forgot how to be in love or should I say, that when you fall for a different person there is also a different feeling affiliated with the feeling itself.

He slowly extend his hand toward me. I just looked at him with my butt still glued on the front seat of his car as my eyes start to widen. I pressed my lips together. This time, it’s like stop-in-the-name-of-love scenario as I stagger to my feet. I quickly grab his hand and clumsily climbed out of his car. I tripped and almost fell when I took my first step out from his car, luckily he was able to catch me before I fell into the ground. He quickly grabbed my hand and put his other hand around my waist covering me with his body as I feel his heat transfer into mine. I looked at him again for the second time around. His face was almost an inch away from mine and I can even feel the heat of his breath touching my skin. I saw his perfectly architectured features clearer than before. His brown eyes were shining like a star and his red lips were pressed together tilting slightly ready to form a smile. His eyebrow were neatly aligned and has an ebony black color. He blink tantalizingly as his lips starts to widen stretching toward his ear - he was smiling again. The butterflies inside my tummy start to rampage like an atom vigorously colliding with each other. I felt like I was shocked electrically that I even forgot how to act. I staggered to my feet then he slowly released me from his touch.

I compose myslef. “Thank you,” I said.

“Sorry,” he mumbled as I dust off my  clothes even if I know there was nothing to dust off knowing that I didn’t even fell into the ground.

            “Nasaan pala tayo?” I asked curiously as I motioned my eyes around. I saw him looked around tracing my gaze. “Baka naman mamaya may masamang balak ka pala sa akin.”I said jokingly when our eyes met.

“Ha? Hindi ah. I mean wala akong masamang motibo sayo,” he explained as he looked at me with that funny expression painted on his face. “Ahm, hindi ko lang nasabi sayo. We’re at my place.”

            We turned and saw a beautiful façade. It was architectured and obviously designed by men because of it’s  rough edges of the house. We motioned toward the front door. It was beautiful and I can’t even find a word best to describe what I’m seeing in front of me. We paused in front of the door as he hit it and slowly open it. He walked inside.