Chapter Sixteen

"Eve. Eve, come on. Wake up" Whippet wakes me awake "What time is it?" I lost track of time "Three thirty. Like you said" He says smiling "Thanks Whip" I say grabbing the can of RedBull and heading back down to the south corner to surf for the last time for today. I get out after my surf and notice that Dad was standing off to the side talking to Max Ayshford and Maxi "I don't think I've ever seen you surf so well" Dad says, Max and Maxi agree "Thanks" I say and walk away to see how much we've raised and walk back to the rhino and ask if I could an announcement on the megaphone, the guys let me. I stand on the back of the rhino to make my announcement "Attention everyone who has come down to help support Bondi High for their fundraiser" I start and have the majority of the public's attention.

"So far, we have raised six thousand dollars which is amazing, but if we can raise another thousand by five, some of the lifeguards have agreed to surf if we reach seven thousand dollars. Trust me when I say, you want to see these boys surf, they are incredibly skilled with a board and look amazing without a shirt" I say and people start walking towards the tent and helping us reach the seven thousand dollar mark. "So which lifeguards have you managed to rope into surf, Eve?" Dad asks "So far I've got Jesse, Jake, Whippet, Ryan and Tommy, but I would like more. Maybe like the higher ranked ones, like Deano or Kerrbox or Hoppo" I say hoping Dad will get the hint "What do you say, boys? You up for a little surf session at five?" Dad asks and Max and Maxi both agree "Looks like you got yourself three more" Dad says and I head up to the tower to text Jake and Jesse to be here at five like they promised.

"We've done it, folks. We've raised another one thousand dollars bringing the final total funds raised from eight am this morning to now at five this afternoon to seven thousand two hundred and twenty two dollars " I say and there were roars from the crowd at the amount "And as promised, it is my pleasure to welcome, the Bondi lifeguards more commonly known as the boys in blue" I say and the guys come and grab a board and run into the surf. After all catching waves back in, all throwing in their own tricks and stunts they came back to shore. "Before you all go, I would like to thank Bruce Hopkins, head lifeguard here at Bondi, Tama and Bronte and without his permission, this fundraiser today would not have been able to go ahead and to all the students of Bondi High who gave up their Sunday to help manage today" I yell at the guys come out of the water "Without the thoughtful planning of Miss Eve Carroll, today would not have run as smoothly as it did. I know for a fact that she would come to the tower straight after school and draw out where everything would go and how it operates. So Eve, on behalf of the boys from Tama, Bronte and Bondi and everyone who donated today, we would like to thank you for everything you put into this event. Three cheers for Eve!" Hoppo yelled and I got three cheers.

As knock-off rolled around, I was sitting in the tower on Jake's lap, falling asleep and it was only seven pm but I had been up since five-thirty, and if it weren't for the two-hour nap Whippet let me had in the tower I would haven't fallen asleep hours ago. Dad went home after the guys did their surf and said I had stay behind and pack up after my event. "Eve, you awake?" Jake asks softly "Yeah, just," I say yawning "Let's get you home," He says and stands me up "Can we go to yours? We're always at mine" I ask and all the guys stare at me "Yeah, sure" Jake answers and we towards the door when Mouse stops him with a hand on Jake's chest "Don't use her" He says "Wouldn't dream of it" Jake says and we walk to his car and drives to his apartment.

I curl up on the sofa, in his lifeguard shirt as we watch a movie with a large bowl of popcorn to share between the two of us. I cuddled up to Jake as I start to feel my eyes get heavy and eventually fall asleep on his chest in his shirt.

Harrison's P.O.V

After going out with some guys from high school, I go home to the flat I share with Jake and as soon as I walk in, he's changing the movie discs over and walking back to the couch and bringing Eve close to him and he wraps his arm around her while she's asleep on the couch. "Hey mate" I whisper taking a seat opposite him "Hey, how was it?" He asks "Yeah, good. Loud" I say going to get a couple of beers "Have you been watching movies by yourself?" I ask and he laughs slightly "It was meant to be the two of us, but I guess the day caught up to her" He answers stroking her hair "Looks like she belongs with you. Almost like its second nature" I observe and hand him one. The way Eve was cuddled up to Jake, looked like she'd fallen asleep on him before and looked really comfy, there was no space between her and him "Night mate" I say "Night" He says and continues to watch the movie alone while Eve sleeps soundly against him.