Chapter 35 - New Moon!!

"I hope in the end, it's a love story!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kabir's P.O.V.

"Hey, you. Stop there", Aashi held my hand from behind making me stop in my track, a few steps away from her main door.

"Why?", I asked trying to free my hand but she increased her hold. She held my arm with both her hands.

"What do you want to hear? Sorry, isn't it? Fine, I'm sorry for not coming to meet you but I'm busy right now", she said.

"You seem ideal to me", I responded looking at her hand holding mine and she let go my hand.

"Could you please leave right now? I can't handle my mom and you together at the same time. I'll call you later", she said looking right in my eyes.

"I don't trust you", I replied.

"I.. I promise Kabir", she said with a groan.

"Ok. If you say so. But your mom had made coffee for me. I must have that", saying so, I entered inside.

As soon as we came back and sat facing each other, her mom came out of the room with a bright smile on her face. Aashi glared at me giving me a 'Keep your mouth shut' look.

What a timing, I thought.

"Aashu, you came home. Your friend Kabir came to give you notes", she said and Aashi looked at me. She raised her eyebrows at me.

"Here. Noor asked me to give you these", I said and passed the notebook to Miss. Spooky. I gave her a small nod as soon as I finished talking.

"Thanks", she played along and I shrugged my shoulder.

"Will you take something Kabir? Tea, coffee?", Her mom asked. Aashi looked af me and I bite back my laugh. Fine, her mon hadn't asked me for anything yet but right now she did ask.

"No, I'm fine. I'll be leaving now", I said standing up from my seat and Aashi too got up. After giving her a nod, I left and she followed me to the entrance. I turned back as soon as I step out of the house and she passed me a small smile before closing the door. She was hiding something was what I felt in that small smile of hers. They're not reaching her eyes covered by that black thick rimmed glasses.

Shaking my head of my stupid thoughts, I sat back in my car and drove back to the college to attend rest of my lectures. The rest of the day passed in a blur. I attended my lectures, spent time with my friends but nothing actually entertain me. My mind was wandering on my small meeting with Spooky today. The way she was looking at me, the way her face went all pale and how her big eyes widened on my threat. I laughed at my own thought but later controlled myself when I found Dhruv and Jay giving me skeptical looks.

I kept on checking my mobile every now and then hoping for getting any text or call from Spooky but got none. Why is she avoiding me? Is it because she's mad at me for behaving like an idiot to her on our so called Date. But she already had cleared that she's not upset from me for that reason. Why is she avoiding me then?

Why are you so restless?, My heart whispered.

I'm just curious, I replied.