Seventeen

FLASHBACK
SOPHOMORE YEAR
LIBERTY HIGH SCHOOL
WINTER FORMAL
IMOGEN'S POV

Justin and I stood together out on the dance floor

That's right, Justin and I. After he came to my house, after his encounter with Seth, there was no way I could be mad at him anymore. Not after seeing the look in his eyes, not after seeing the pain, and the brokenness. What kind of person would I be if I turned him away, but I'm glad he came, because we both obviously needed each other. And after our encounter with each other, how could I say no?

And now I'm his date.

When he turned me, I noticed Jeff was talking to my brother, probably telling him to go ask Hannah to dance with him, which he definitely should, and then Justin pulled me back into his chest, and he smiled at me.

"You look perfect, Immy." He said to me, and I smiled at him, I couldn't help but smile at him. Just being around him again, has made me so happy and made me realize how much I actually did need Justin in my life.

"So do you. I'm glad we're here." I said, and he nodded.

"I'm glad we're us again. . you know, Justin and Imogen." He said, and I smiled. He doesn't mean us again by dating, because we haven't exactly defined that yet, but I hope we will soon. I will proudly call myself Justin Foley's girlfriend.

"Me too. . because I really missed you." I said, and he shook his head.

"Not as much as I missed you." He said, and then I saw Hannah and Jessica both walk in, not together, but they walked in, and they both looked really pretty so I wanted to say something to them, and I looked at Justin.

"I'll be right back, okay?" I said, and he nodded his head, and I walked over to my two former friends. It honestly sucked, because I miss them, a lot.

"Hannah. . Jess." I said, and then we were all facing each other again. "Wow, you both look really pretty." I said to them and they both smiled at me.

"Hey." Hannah said.

"Hey." Jess said, and then she looked at us both. "Who'd you come here with?" She asked.

"Oh, just Courtney, and her court." Hannah said, and Jessica and I both laughed.

"The Courtnettes." We said together.

"Yeah. How about you guys? Big dates?" Hannah asked.

"Uh. . kind of. I'm here with Justin." I said, and both of their eyes widened and big smiles came onto their faces.

"Oh my gosh! Yes!" Jessica said, and then she looked at Hannah. "And for your answer, it was supposed to be." She said, giving a side eye look and Hannah and I both looked up to see Alex was walking towards the three of us.