A Lady Manager? Pt. 2

"According to my research, I understand that you are in charge of managing the club. Is that true, Kyoya?" Renge sat next to Kyoya on one of the couches in the club room. The rest of us were gathered around. She seems a little too close to him. What was I thinking? She was just some other crazed fan. I had no reason to feel so uncomfortable with her presence.

Earlier today, Renge had come in and declared herself to be Kyoya's fiance. Currently, she was questioning him about his status in the club. Now she wants to be the manager? This was getting out of hand.

Tamaki mumbled, "Um, listen. Kyoya."

"Miss Hoshokuji is the only daughter of a very important Ootori family client. So, please be polite and try not to offend her, all right?" Kyoya explained.

We all sighed. Of course Kyoya would say that. Didn't he know how uncomfortable we were? Not that I'm uncomfortable...HA, what a crazy idea!

The next day, we sat gathered around a table. "I thought about it a lot last night, and maybe having a lady manager isn't such a bad idea." Tamaki addressed all of us.

"Why do you say that?" The twins sounded suspicious.

"Well, it's fairly obvious, isn't it? Renge just transferred into the same class as Haruhi. So if Haruhi has a girlfriend around, it could bring out the female within her. Renge's girlish air of tenderness might be able to stimulate Haruhi's own sense of femininity."

"But Aki-chan is a girl, isn't she, Tamaki?" Hani-senpai spoke up.

"Well, she doesn't really count since she is acting as a boy most of the time." Tamaki waved Hani's idea away.

"Gee, thanks."
"Good grief." Haruhi and I grumbled at the same time.

Why is Tamaki so insistent on bringing her feminine side out anyway? He's keeping her in the club for one thing. These people...

Renge peaked her head around the door. "Hey, everyone. You'd be happy to know that your new manager, Renge has baked all of you some cookies!"

"Oh, isn't she lady-like? I'm so moved by your generosity." Tamaki approached her, seemingly trying to get back on her good side since yesterday.

"I didn't bake these cookies for you, you phony prince." Renge said rudely. She approached Kyoya, "I'm sorry, I burnt them a little bit. I did the best I could, and I already know what you're going to say. 'Anything that you make for me is going to taste delicious, my dear.' Oh, you're always so sweet to me, Kyoya."

"She wasn't kidding, these cookies really are burnt." Hani stuck one in his mouth, "I prefer Aki-chan's sweets."

I made the mistake of baking cookies once for Hani and the rest of the host club tried them and ever since then, they've had me make stuff every once in a while for them. At least Kyoya hasn't told them about the piano yet.

I looked over just as Hikaru took a bite of the cookie in Haruhi's mouth and Kaoru licked a crumb off of her face. Tamaki practically had a heart attack. He was scolding Haruhi with, she should NOT react that way, and how dare she not reject them.

"Lukewarm." We all looked at Renge where Hani was trying to offer her some milk.

"Every single one of you, except for Kyoya, all of your characters are lukewarm." She continued, increasing in volume, "Each of you needs to have some sort of dark side. You understand?"

She suddenly went into some sort of monologue about our characters. "Let's start with you, Hani-senpai! If all you are is cute, inside and out, then you're no different to a baby. Therefore, from now on, you are the baby-face thug." Huh?