A Cuppa (Part 2)

Tom's car was probably the nicest car you'd been in. He had a brand new Range Rover with leather interior and it was all black on the outside. Both of you hopped in and Tom glanced over to you from the right side, the driver's side.

"So, where to first, Captain?" He joked. You laughed and shrugged.

"I have always wanted to go to the London Eye. And see the changing of the guard. What do you recommend, Lieutenant?" Out of the corner of your eye, you saw him smile wide.

"Let's start with the London Eye. It's early so I guarantee that we can get on there without too much hassle. I have all day, if you want to explore all day. If you don't want to hang out all day, you don't have to," he held up a hand. With the other, he start the Range Rover's engine.

"No, no. I'd love to spend the day exploring with you," you told him. He smiled and adjusted the air, not glancing over to you. "Thank you for showing me around."

"My pleasure. I think this will be fun, darling," he let the last word slip off his tongue as he turned onto the main road, fitting in with the rest of the traffic on the street. Darling. It made you smile. You barely knew this kid other than the videos your best friend had shown you and photos in magazines. But you felt comfortable around him. It was...really nice.

"Where did you grow up?" You asked him. He glanced over once they got to a stop light.

"South London. I still live close to my parents. What about you?" He asked.

"I grew up in America. Near Chicago," you said. His eyes widened.

"I have only been there one time but I did like it. Were you in the city?" He asked you.

"Yeah, just my parents and me. It was quaint," you said. More silence. "How many siblings do you have?"

"I have three brothers, all younger. And somehow I am looking to be one of the shortest," he said with a slight flush in his cheeks. "But my parents aren't too tall, so I guess that makes sense. Do you have any siblings?"

"I wish," you said. "I always wanted my parents to have more children, but they never did." He nodded. He turned off the quieter, tree covered street you guys were on and down a much busier street. To your left, a large crowd of people filed into a big entrance way that read "Borough Market". From faraway, you could see flowers, food, trinkets, and garment shops.

"Wow, that looks cool," you said with your face practically glued to the window. Tom slowed down a little and turned off to the left to another quiet street.

"Let's go check it out," he said as he signaled into a parallel parking space. A few swift movements of the steering wheel and you both had parked the car. You unbuckled. Tom hurried to unbuckle and jumped out of the car. You opened up the door to see Tom standing there holding it open for you.

"Thank you," you said and he shut the door behind you. Both of you walked side by side. Tom put on a pair of sunglasses and locked the car with his remote. "Have you been here before?"

"Yeah, loads of times," he said and glanced over to you. "But you haven't, so let's go and check it out. Maybe we'll find something I didn't see before."

Both of you walked up and turned the corner. You filed in behind the people making a makeshift line to enter. A few people squeezed you from either side. Tom, in front of you, held out his hand to you. You grabbed it as he guided you through the crowd. When you entered, you were enamored by everything: the flowers, the smells, the food, and the different shops. Tom was staring at you as you both found your place next to a fruit stand.

"Wow, you know, there's only one place like this in Chicago that I have been to," you tell Tom. You realize you're still holding onto his hand at this point, but you don't care. "But this is much cooler."

"Let me show you my favorite stand here. Mum comes here all the time," Tom tugs your arm along as he speaks, pulling you next to him. You walk past fruit stands, vegetable stands, clothing stalls, jewelry stands, until Tom stops in front of a sandwich shop. A man steps down from the crate he's perched on and looks at the two of you.

"'Ello, kiddos. What'll it be today?" He pats his hands together. Tom looks at you.

"Any foods you don't like or are allergic to?" He asks. You shake your head. You open your mouth to say something but before you can say anything, he continues on. "Two cheese toasties please."

"Coming up in five minutes," the man said and turned back to the grill to get to work. Tom pressed some money down onto the counter. Then he saw your bewildered expression.

"Trust me, these cheese toasties are amazing. I have been having them for years, Y/N. Don't knock it till you try it," he snapped his fingers and stepped back next to you. His hand lingered by yours but neither of you made a move.

"What's your favorite movie?" He asked you.

"It's hard to choose. I really like 80s movies. They are just classics. What's yours?" You ask him. He smiles and cocks his head to look at you.

"Primal Fear. That's one I can watch many, many times. Have you ever seen it?" You shake your head and his eyes widen. "We should watch it sometime."

"What about singers? Do you have any favorite songs?" He asks and raises an eyebrow. You sigh and smile thinking about it.

"I love a whole mix of artists. It's hard to choose when I love so many. Like Childish Gambino, Ed Sheeran, Kings of Leon...all sorts of artists. Do you have a favorite?" You ask him. He nods.

"Some of the same, but it really depends on the week." Tom and you are waiting when the guy finally turns around with wrapped up paper bags. You can see the steam coming off of the sandwich and your stomach grumbles.

"Thanks! Have a great day," Tom says with a smile. He unwraps his sandwich and glances over to you, waiting. "I want to see what you think."

You unwrap your sandwich and take a bite, careful not to burn yourself. The cheese is melted just perfectly and the bread isn't too crispy or soft. It's easily the best sandwich you've had in a really, really long time. Even better than the ones your family makes.

"It's perfect," you say through a big mouthful. Tom grins and takes a bite too. He nudges you along, motioning to the rest of the market.

"Let's walk around, shall we?"

*Let me know what you think!  There's a part three coming, too.*