Hawaiian and Rosé

It was a quiet Friday night at home. The rain trickled down the windows and got trapped in the flower pots on the patio of your apartment. You were all alone waiting for your boyfriend to come back from work. He was actually in London filming for his new movie, so it meant you guys had more time together. If he was in Atlanta, well, it meant days sometimes weeks apart and only talking over the phone or Facetime, which both of you dreaded because you loved to just be in the same place.

You had set up the living room exactly like your first date. You remember it so vividly, like it was yesterday. Tom had invited you to his place. He ordered pizza, took out plastic wine flutes, and even bought the bottle of wine he had seen you drinking at the Italian restaurant when he first met you a week prior. It was a beautiful bottle of rosé with silver labeling wrapped around the widest part of the glass bottle.

So there you were: sitting and waiting for your boyfriend of two years to arrive so you guys could dive into the Hawaiian pizza and sip the wine. What was taking him so long?

Just then, the door lock clicked. The knob turned. Light cascaded into the room and in the shadows, you could see the frame of your boyfriend, Tom Holland.  In the darkness, you saw him smile.

"Hey, sweetie. Why are you sitting here all alone in the dark?" He shut the door, tossing his keys by the door and kicking off his shoes. He set down his bag and came to you, pressing a kiss to your lips. You intertwined your fingers in his and couldn't help but grin.

"I was waiting for you. I got your favorite," you said and motioned to the pizza box on the ottoman and the wine flutes accompanied by the glass bottle. His soft brown eyes lit up and he glanced back to you.

"Just like our first date! Y/N, I love you," he smiled and kissed you again, gently cupping your cheeks in his hands. Every time he kissed you, even after all this time, you still got the butterflies in the pit of your stomach.

"And I love you. Always," you said and pulled away. You opened up the pizza box.  Tom sighed loudly.

"And I love pizza. Almost as much as you," he cooed as you passed him a slice of pizza. You took the wine bottle and poured out two half full glasses of wine. The entire time, he was watching you in admiration. You passed him one glass and held yours up in the air.

"Cheers," you clinked your plastic glass against his. He put his glass down on the side table and wrapped his free arm around you to cuddle you close. The both of you sat there like that the rest of the evening, munching on pizza and chatting about your days. You wanted to stay there for eternity: in your shared apartment, in his arms talking about nothing and everything. It was the perfect evening, and it only cost twenty pounds. 

If you like this, please comment below or let me know what other one shots you want to see from me! :)