To Pluto and Back

*This one is a little darker, but let me know what you guys think.*

You were curled up on the couch, hugging your favorite pillow. You expected it. You expected your dad to be like that, even after meeting probably without a doubt the best boyfriend you have ever had, but nonetheless after all these years, it still made you crumble all the same. You had warned Tom. He knew how you were when your family was like this.

Creaking in the floorboards startled you. You turned your head and wiped away a few tears. Tom was holding two cups of hot tea with a box of Kleenex tucked under his right armpit. He gave you a small smile and came over to your slowly.

"Baby," he whispered and pulled some matted hair out of your face. "Do you want to talk about it?" he offered and pressed a kiss to your temple. You stifled back another sob and felt yourself curl further into a bundled mess. Tom gently lifted you up and into his arms. You clutched his body tightly and let more tears fall.

"I'm so s-sorry," you whimpered out and wiped your cheeks. He ran his hands through your hair and rubbed your back. He pulled you away and swiped the wet stains off your face with his thumbs.

"You don't have to be sorry," he said while looking deeply into your eyes. "They are your family, but I know you, Y/N. It's not your fault. They are not a reflection of who you are."

"I know," you looked down to your lap and shook your head. "But it isn't fair for you to see that. It's not fair for him to say the things he does. You don't have to put up with it."

"And neither do you," he said and held your face in his hands. "No one deserves that. Especially not you." You gave him a small smile and took a deep breath. Tom's dimples appeared and he tugged you into another hug. You inhaled his cologne, your favorite scent since the two of you started dating. You readjusted your legs and crossed them, grabbing Tom's hands. The two of you were sitting inches away now, your knees touching and your hands intertwined.

"I know," you whispered to him and pressed a kiss to his lips. He smiled into it, putting his hands to your waist to pull you closer. When you pulled away, his eyes were dazzling with joy.

"I love you, Y/N. I'll never let anyone hurt you," Tom whispered and pressed another kiss to your temple. He placed a pillow on his lap and patted it for you to lay down. You laid looking up at him, into his beautiful brown eyes. He massaged your scalp. He knew how much that relaxed you.

"I love you. To Pluto and back," you said with a smirk on your face. He grinned down to you.

"To Pluto and back," he said.