Chapter 1

"It's a lovely evening we're having, isn't it?" (Y/n) Cupid asks the upcoming moon.

Yes.

"Hmm, you seem quiet"

I am always quiet to everyone but you, (Y/n).

Cupid gives a sceptical look, but a sweet smile graces her face.
She spreads her wings and flys off of the balcony. Only Manny calls her by her 'name', but she is respectively called Cupid.

Her hair whips in the cool parisian air. How ironic that her main hangout is the city of love.

She looks beneath her and sees a group of friends. This was the most common type of love, well, that she would see. Friends to more, or crushes within groups.

She flys down to the iconic landmark, the Eiffel Tower. As she descends, she can feel the essence of love linger in the air. It brings goosebumps to her arms and tingles her wings.

Tonight, the essence is stronger. She wonders why, but it is blantly obvious once she reaches the top.

A love triangle~

Cupid giggles at the sight. A group of 5 friends; a couple, and then two boys and a girl.

She perches herself on a rail. It doesn't surprise her that they don't see her. After all, one of the boys isn't really paying attention and is on his phone.

He walks towards a pole and Cupid notices. She quickly zooms over and tries to stop him. She goes to slightly bump his body away but it doesn't work.

She tries to shove him but it doesn't work. He moves around the pole anyway.

"Bu-but no....." (Y/n) looks at her hands to see them trembling slightly. This boy doesn't believe in love. Then how is it a love triangle?

She looks behind her to see the single girl watching the boy. And another boy beside her.

The looks in their eyes tell her everything.

'The girl, likes loveless boy. And the other loves her'

Cupid sees the other couple gazing over the rails. She walks over there, fazing through the other two kids.

She listens in on their conversation.

"Babe" The girl says as she points his attention to the other kids.

"It's sad that Tristan brought us and Milly here so that he can confess his love, but yet she wanted Connor to come aswell"

The guy just sighs and nods. The couple turn around and face the open sky. They look up at the moon and smile.

"Looks like you have some admires, Manny"

Don't flatter me, I have many.

"Woah! Cocky much" She playfully scoffs.

A deep chuckle is heard, and Cupid laughs along aswell.

But she pays attention to the task at hand. She walks towards the boy and the girl. Milly looks at the tech boy and sighs. He isn't paying attention to anything, like some kind of android.

The grief is very evident.

"She just wants to get to know him, cause she finds him attractive and such. But the boys beside her, has been by her side for years and hadn't worked up the confidence to confess. But, when he final saved up enough money for this trip, the other boy tagged along"

I am still amazed at how easily you can read people, (Y/n).

She smiles at the compliment and takes a slight bow.

Heh, who's cocky now?

"I wasn't being cocky, I was being....thankful..."

Suuuure.

Manny had practically become the new big brother-best friend type to (Y/n). Manny tells that she had an amazing brother, and she is greatful that she did, because without him, she wouldn't be where she is today.

It can't make her sad, as she doesn't remember. Another thing she is greatful for.

(And if you read the origin story and cried....I did too)

(Y/n) doesn't waste any more time and equips her bow.

She pulls a bow from her wrist and whispers....

"Realisation~"

'He's just not that into you, there are other people out there'

She draws her bow back and aims for the girls chest. A high pitched whistle sounds as the thin wood soars through the air. Apon impact, a small hearted mist escaped into the oxegen.

Milly brings her hand to her heart, like it just kicked her into realising. She turns to Tristan and sees him looking at her already.

Tristans eyes widen as he shyly looks away, an adorable blush rising quickly. Milly notices and makes small talk.

"Thanks for bringing us here Tristan" She placed a hand on his shoulder.

He turns and looks back at her.
"Well, I was going to tell you something"

Cupid pulls an arrow from her wrist and whispers 'go for it'.

She fires it at Tristan and he holds his breath. Milly gives him a questioning look when he suddenly says-

"Milly, I love you, I brought you here, to the city of love, because your amazing and deserve it"

He closes his eyes tight and waits for the sting of rejection. Milly grabs his jaw and brings his face closer to her own.

"THEY'RE GUNNA KISS!" Cupid fangirls and boost herself into the air. She twirls around and pink mist follows her.

She knows her work is done so she flys to the top of the tower.

But something itches at her brain space.

"Hey Manny, that boy didn't believe in love, I think it had something to do with that device"

Yes. This is an issue. I've bought it up with the Guardians, about 13 years ago.

"The last time you talked with them was 13 years ago? You talk to me practically every day"

Well, I'm allowed to have favorites. Besides, it's not like they know that I'm talking to you.

"Your really chill considering your an all powerful entity"

Eh, whateves.

"Has the last century changed you a bit?"

Probably, I think it was you though.

"Me? You're the one that talks with me all the time"

I can stop if you like?

"Nope! I wouldn't have anyone to talk to then"

Here's an idea, you join the Guardians; help the world, and have friends. What do you say?

Cupid thinks for a moment.

"Yeah, sure. Goodnight now"
She leans back against the large iron frames.

Night.