Chapter 22

Dedicated to bitchy_fan and others who motivate me to continue writing

(Y/n) Pov~~

'Of course! Why didn't I think of that?' I nod at Jack and motion for him to follow me to my room.

I walk the short distance as Jack floats and lands as he pleases. Once my door is in sight, Jack goofily runs ahead and opens the door for me, bowing with his staff behind his back. I smile and pet his head as I stroll by, whispering a small word of gratitude. I fly up to the swing and take a seat, the moon beyond the curved wall of glass.

"Manny?" I call out in hope, knowing we haven't spoken since Holly arrived and I was entrusted to be her guardian

"Manny?" I call out in hope, knowing we haven't spoken since Holly arrived and I was entrusted to be her guardian. Besides that, the last time we spoke was when he warned us of how unstable she was...

There wasn't a reply.

"So much for being the favorite." Jack teases and I whip around and glare at him.

"Oh shush you," I smile and push him away and he mock screams and daintily floats down.

"C'mon Manny," I smile out the window at the moon, and hear a sigh in my head. I smile and look at Jack.

"Manny, thank you, I need help." Jack clears his throat and floats up beside me.

"We need help." He corrects me and places a hand on my shoulder, reassuring me that I'm not alone. I give him a smile and he winks at me.

I know what you wish to find.

I lean forward on my swing, anxious and uncomfortable in the suspense he has left us with.

However my word's are meant to be rare, so I'll make this short, young Guardian.

I nod, understanding that the strength of this relationship is already out of order.

Much like you she was all alone
And that's where her journey began
In abandoned house surrounded by oak and stone
Now with an evil man

"Manny, that's not much help," I sigh, not being familiar with forrest areas.

"Abandoned house...oak and stone..." Jack mumbled under his breath, holding his chin as he thought.

"Well, at least we know what the first and last lines mean.." I said solemnly, breaking Jacks train of thought as he listened to my ever word. "She was alone, and now she's with Pitch."

"Hey now," Jack put a hand on my shoulder, "We also know that we can find her, help her, and set her free."

The smile Jack gave me told me just how much he believed in those words. I felt a little more hope swell up inside me. I reach up and place my hand on Jacks, leaning my head towards it and resting my cheek on his cold knuckles.

"You're right, snowflake~" I look up and see his offended look.

"Pft, snowflake? Please," He floats back with a smug look on his face, "Call me avalanche, icey, Kool Kid with capital K's. Anything but-"

"C'mon Snowflake," I tease once again and jump down from my swing, landing gracefully. "Let's go search these forests."

Jack obediently follows and walks beside me.

"F-fine, I'll be your little snowflake."