Chapter 21

Happy New Year

Holly Pov~~

"Holly, darling-" Pitch's voice echos throughout the dark rooms and halls, that were unsettling to most but in a way comforted me.

"Y-Yes, Sir?" I turn around, fiddling with the golden tubes in my pale hands.

"Please, dear, call me Pitch, we're closer than that." His smile mocks a warm one, yet still deadly with his jagged teeth.

"Okay Pitch!" My mood lifts and I stand to attention. "What do you need me for? We gunna go scare some wonderinf teens? Ooh ooh! Maybe uhh make some spooky noises outside a cinema that just played a horror show?" Finally some harmless fun.

"I was actually thinking something along the lines of, hmm, terrorizing children in their sleep?" My eyebrows furrowed at his idea, it doesn't sound like much fun to me. Pitch noticed my expression and gave me a playful nudge on the shoulder.

"Darling it won't be that hard, after all, you managed to fool the Guardians and they were still awake." I hummed with disinterested, not very fond of the memory.

"Don't you think I went a little over board?" The room grew colder. "I mean, I'd never want to be a burden on them... I think I said things I shouldn't have... I know they suck at helping but they were at least trying.. weren't they?" I looked up at Pitch, the hope draining from my eyes at his shadowed face.

"If they cared about you, you wouldn't be here." I gulped and looked down, my golden tube struggling to shine whilst (Y/n)'s remains on the floor.

"I know, no one cares.."

"I do!" Pitch's mood changes but I can tell it's fake. He gives me a pat on the head and grabs the tube from my hands. I gasp in surprise but allow him to take it.

"Now Kitten, to use this, just open your mind and run your finger down like this." He smiled and hands it back, ruffles my hair once more and begins to walk away. He chuckles darkly as he slinks around the rotting doorway of the abandoned house, "Don't go remembering anything you shouldn't."

~~ At the Pole ~~

"Wh-where could they be?" Bunny says with hysteria as he pances the main area.

"Well, they arn't in Pitch's old man cave." Jack says, before shuddering in remembrance of the cobble stone paths, twisted hallways and cages.

"And we don't know where that Holly girl could be." North confirmes before giving some instructions to his yetis. "I have to go, I'll be back as soon as I can." North sighs and leads the way with the two yetis babbling behind him. "Alright alright calm down.." His voice fades down the Christmas themed hallways.

(Y/n) focuses and stares at the ground, her eyes shifting placed between the hard wood and that peice of silver fur.

"Hey," She looks up, Jack in front of her. "What are you thinking?"

(Y/n) shakes her head and looks to the side, "Did Holly mention the place she woke up at?"

"Not to me," Jack says before looking up, "But I'm sure someone knows."

Quick 25 minute draw for all my lovelies who still read this