Chapter 18

(I have. No. Talent.)

"North?" You calls out apon entering his office, Jack's arm linked with her own.

The bearded man pops up from behind his desk, banging his head. He grunted in pain but stood and rubbed his head. He placed a small screw driver on his desk and walked around to greet the couple.

"Ah, Cupid, Jack, what brings you here?" North greets, crossing his arms and leaning on his desk.

"Well, we were walking around when we noticed a heavy draft in the east wing." Jack stands up and says, trying to seem taller than you. You smirk and pull him back, as North places a large hand on his own chin.

"Yeah, Tooth flew past in a hurry, and, wow, we couldn't take another step, you should've seen Jack! He wa-" Jack suddenly wrapped his arms around you from behind and you squeaked, your face flaring up. He looks around at your blushing face, but you run a hand over it to conceal your reddening cheeks.

"Hmm, doesn't sound like draft." North ponders, dismissing Jacks affectionate hold on you.

You playfully pull from Jacks grip, walking over and grabbing the russian doll from the cupboard. Still inspired by Norths speach he gave you.

"Well, I don't get cold," Jack states, "And I've only felt that type of cold once...."

You whip around as your mind makes ends meet. Fear. It was obviously fear. But what.... Holly.

Jack and North look to you, having made the same conclusion.

"Oh no..." Your wings spread behind you as you burst out of Norths office. Your taken abovr ground and dodge the flying toys as you scan the workshop.

Not here.

You swoop down a corridor as your powerful wings thrust you further down the Christmas themed halls. You stop by your room, scanning every corner, top to bottom.

She isn't here.

Tears start to prick at your eyes in the panic. Your wings tire as you continue to fly at maximum speed but you refuse to give up.

'You promised you'd be there for her!' Your mind screams as you go down the hallway. The one from before.

'You failed! She's in pain!' You soar around the corner, a faint black blob within your sight. You swoop an arm down and pick up the hat. Your heart stops and your wings freeze, sending you tumbling to the ground. You protect the glittered hat from the fall, landing on your side.

Pushing yourself up on arm, you hold up the hat as more tears gather in your eyes. The hat is cold. There's a hole in the wall. There's small black stains littering the carpet.

'She's gone! She's gone she's gone!'

"She's mine now."