IX

Third Person's POV

(Y/N) rushed to the HQ to see that Valentine was awake after 2 months, they found out that she was unconscious for a year but (Y/N) would visit her every other day and talk to her. They found out that Demi was responsible for kidnapping Val but there was another threat which was Lauren's little lover; Lucy Vives. (Y/N) looked at Val who was still rehabilitating and she sat on her bed while drinking some orange juice to help her regain her energy, she looked at (Y/N) with a small smile.

"What did you hear while you were there?" Selena asked Val who just looked at her drink and shuddered at the terrible memories, she remembered being beaten to sleep whenever she would always bang the door. "I remember hearing them talk about a plan it was um... about this woman named Lucy? Demi instructed her to meet up this girl named Laura?"

"Lauren." (Y/N) corrected her and Val nodded when she was corrected and she looked at Selena who stood with her arms crossed. "And they were talking about getting close to this woman to bring her down."

"It makes no sense why they would go after Lauren." (Y/N) said and she became anxious all of the sudden, causing her to pace around the room nervously since she left Lauren alone in the house with Ally and Normani. Selena nodded and she thought of letting (Y/N) be at home for a few days till they can get more information what they want from Lauren.

(Y/N) decided to go home first and walked out of the very building Selena had bought and disguised as a pawnshop. She started to walk at the café where she would buy a muffin and a cup of coffee, she got in her car and she started the engine then drives but her phone rings. She was about to reach for her phone but she felt a cold knife under her neck and she continued to drive instead.

"Long time no see, (Y/N)." (Y/N) knew this voice very well and she breathes deep not realizing she could get inside. "Alexa, why?"

"That is the question isn't it? It's nothing personal. I just wanted to work for Demi after finding out you disabled my friend Veronica." (Y/N) froze and she stopped the car by the side of the street where there was less people around. "Demi just couldn't figure out why Veronica would turn her back against her and she thought maybe you brainwashed her."

"What do you want, Alexa?" (Y/N) couldn't stay in that hopeless and yet defensive position either. She needed to get home and make sure that Lauren was safe. "Don't worry about your wife. Lucy will take good care of her." (Y/N) widened her eyes and was about to fight back, but was covered with a handkerchief that made her lose consciousness, as it was used to cover her lower face.

***

Lauren was at home with Camila and Dinah accompanying her, the two girls soon left when they found out it was 6 pm. The emerald eye woman was left all alone in the big house and she heard a knock, taking a peek on whom could it be but seeing it was her wife's closest friend Selena. She opened the door and let the Latina in the house who was breathing heavily knowing something bad might've happened.

"Se--?" Lauren questioned and Selena hushed her, looked around to see that there was nothing wrong, as she was wearing some type of reading glasses with big rims. "Sorry I had to check something out." She said and removed her glasses, putting them back in the bag; she looked at the emerald eyed woman.

"Lauren, did (Y/N) contact you?" She asked which made Lauren shake her head 'no', she hasn't heard from her wife the whole day, she was starting to get worried when she asked about (Y/N). "Did something happen to her?"

"We were contacting her earlier but she wouldn't answer. Lauren, you have to go with us." Selena lets two people in uniforms and helmets get in the house while Lauren ran into her room to grab her bag putting some of her clothes in and some of her valuable things. She rushed downstairs only to be pulled along with one of the officer to get in the car.