Chapter 21

OLIVIA'S POV

After an hour or so, Harry pouts as he holds Milly out for Xander to take her from him, Will insisting she needs to nap. Harry has been so engrossed in the one and a half year old, trying to make her laugh and playing with her that he has to take a second to look around the room to find where the rest of us adults are sitting.

Mel and Frankie are opposite me as we sit by the fire pit outside.  We have all shared so many memories around this fire and as I watch Xander and Will fuss over their little girl I can briefly imagine all the amazing times that are in our futures.

The two women in front of me are freshly in love and although we have been chatting about anything and everything they are clearly captured in their little bubble. They can't help but quietly joke with each other, stealing knowing looks between soft smiles and always touching. 

I wonder if Harry and I were like that or was my reluctance to be with him always overshadowing that?

My eyes are torn from watching the sweet couple as my husband approaches, he combs his unruly curls back with his fingers and tugs his big, tan, shearing coat closer to his chest as it sits over his black sweatshirt and matching tight black jeans.

"Finally let the kid go, huh?" Frankie jokes and he holds his middle finger in the air before going to take a seat next to her.

The second his hand hits the back of the metal chair he pauses, looking up at me briefly and I see a flash of various emotions cross his face before he changes course, walking back around and sitting beside me.

He scoots the chair closer to me in two shuffles, interlocking our fingers and pulling my hand up to kiss my knuckle before holding it in to his lap.

My mouth turns up a little at the edges in response to his gesture and I kind of wish we hadn't gone to that fucking pilates class this morning.  My core clenches desperately at the sight of the gorgeous man next to me, his emerald eyes sparkling, his lips glistening from where he has just licked them.

Mel's voice cuts through my daydream of what Harry was doing to me in our bed this morning and I flush a little at my minds absence.

"While you're both here, I just wanted to say I'm sorry if I asked any insensitive questions last week at lunch.  Frankie told me a little bit about the situation and I didn't realise." Mel says genuinely, regret building behind her eyes as Frankie wraps an arm around her and smiles sympathetically at Harry and I.

"Hey, it's fine, it's an honest mistake, I'm sure I've made it a few times myself," Harry laughs, "actually, I once congratulated a lady in the crowd of a press conference and she wasn't even pregnant," he uncharacteristically hides his face in his palms for a moment and it causes me to giggle at his stupid mistake and how funny it would have been to see his expression after he realised his faux pas.

"Well, if it's any consolation, from what Frankie has told me, you guys are great people and I'm sure it will happen for you," she says kindly and Harry turns his head to search my face as he pushes a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Thanks, we think so too," he says earnestly with a smile and my heart melts a little at the possibility of being pregnant right now. 

"Hey little brooooo?" Bec screams unnecessarily as she bounds over to where we are, Nathan walking at a slower pace behind her.

She runs behind Harry and wraps her arms around his neck to hug him from behind.

"Harryyyyyy?" she exaggerates in a whine as if she she's a little kid asking for something she knows her parents are going to say no to.

Harry doesn't say anything, his head tilting back slightly towards her as a smirk crosses his gorgeous face.  He has one eyebrow drawn upwards as he glances at Bec above him with equal parts cockiness and inquisition.

He looks so goddamn smug that I don't know how everyone else watching isn't dead from this interaction alone. 

Maybe it's that he wound me up this morning without release but I find myself biting the inside corner of my lips and rubbing my legs together for a little friction.

Harry notices my movements immediately, his gaze snapping to mine, his lips twitching into a slightly wider smirk, ever so subtly, and his eyes widening at me for the briefest of moments that no one else notices.

I blush and shuffle in my chair and watch as he struggles to stifle his smile.

"See the shit we have to deal with?" Bec jokes to Mel causing everyone to laugh at us.

"What weird mind conversation are you two having?" she interrupts obnoxiously as we stare at each other for a little too long.

"Nothing, you brat. What do you want?" Harry says impatiently, waiting for whatever she is putting off asking him.

"Ok, we know you never do this, but we are hoping... Will you sing at our wedding? Pleeeeease?" She begs moving to stand in front of him with her hands pressed together in a prayer position as he groans loudly into the air.

I hold my hand over my mouth to cover my laughing.

Nathan looks at me and shakes his head, clearly not fussed over the issue but looking lovingly back at his wife-to-be as this is obviously important to her.

"Does it count as your wedding present?" Harry counters in jest and I know by this answer he has already accepted but wants to make her suffer.

"Fuck no. I've got my eye on one of those Barbie cars you just got Milly," Bec jokes and she starts to negotiate.

"Just our first dance song! Just one?" she begs before jumping up and down squealing when he rolls his eyes and nods.

After he has pushed Bec away from him, teasing Nathan about having to put up with her forever, he leans forward and his breath tickles my ear.

"Don't think I didn't notice that before, angel. Bathroom upstairs. Wait for me."

A/N: Smug harry is my weakness

A/N:
Smug harry is my weakness.
Buckle up.
Love Ruby
X