Chapter 31

OLIVIA'S POV

"Where's Milly tonight?" I ask as I take another glass of wine from a waiter.

I catch Harry's eyes drifting down to see my fingers wrap around the delicate stem and before he gets a chance to whisper some sort of redundant warning in my ear, Xander's voice drags his attention away.

"She's with her grandparents, they are fussing over her so much I'm a tad jealous," Xander jokes and I take a large gulp of my drink.

From what I can gather, Will's show is hugely successful, little red dots are stuck onto little plaques next to each piece indicating their purchase occurs every few minutes and a round of applause breaks out ceremoniously each time, usually lead by a beaming Xander.

The joy and laughter of everyone around me is making the stabbing pain in my heart dull to an aching roar. Today turned out to be one of my lowest yet, but the gathering of our friends, regardless of the occasion, seems to be helping.

Also helping, is alcohol.

To the majority at this party, Harry standing beside me drinking water instead of wine is due to his still highly publicised break down and treatment for alcohol abuse a year and a half ago.

The media still watches every glass he puts to his lips, waiting, maybe hoping, for another slip, another rehab trip, another months worth of stories to write.

It had been advised to him by his management team that he not drink alcohol at any public event, award show or parties where photographers were invited in.

However, this evening is a private celebration, and although most people here would assume he isn't drinking because of the paparazzi outside armed with their lenses, I know full well it's so he can have a clear mind and sharp eye on whichever way my behaviour could turn tonight.

Also drinking water, is my usual boozehound sister, Bec, and the way her and Harry keep glancing at each other and then back at me, make me acutely aware they are both in this together, watching my every move, waiting to have to rescue me.

Well, I'm fine.

There's a very fine line between your man being romantically caring while making me feel like he's looking out for me and being overprotective and controlling, smothering me into feeling like I can't willingly make decisions or fend for myself.

Maybe it's my cloudy mind, bleeding heart and the fuzzy feeling in my stomach but right now but the way he is chewing the inside of his lips as he watches me take another glass off a waiters tray, the way he looks at me as if to warn me, the way I can tell he desperately wants to tell the waiters to stop serving me, is just pissing me off.

I'm fine.

A/N:

A little one for you today to celebrate 100k reads for Part 3!!

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

Ruby

x