Nehemia

Celaena Sardothian slowed to a jog and she waited for Chaol to catch up with her. He usually wasn't this slow she thought; she had some telling off to do when he caught up. Years of experience from being the worlds notorious assassin made her want to run straight out of the castle and to freedom but Celaena wouldn't leave Chaol. She even cared enough about Dorian to stay put. However every time a richly dressed courier strutted past her, her chest would scream enemy! Since Nehemia's death Celaena had been even more on edge. Fleetfoot had howled every night.

Finally Chaol turned up. "Where have you been?!" Asked Celaena angrily.

"Aren't I allowed to have a leisurely stroll for once in my life?" Said Chaol innocently.

Celaena sighed.

"You are on slipper duty for a week." she informed Chaol and stormed off. As she left she could hear Chaol chuckling to himself and let herself a small smile.

~

Celaena rushed to her room in the stone side of the castle (far away from the glass side), avoided Dorian and passed Ress. She wanted to visit Elena's tomb before Chaol called in on her later in the afternoon. She pushed the worn tapestry back from the hidden door and descended the wet stone steps and into the tomb. Celaena didn't know why she wanted to go down here, she just did. The tomb was the same as always; the statues of the King and Queen, the jewels and treasures and the sword in the corner of the room. Celaena walked around the room; looking for a sign or something that had changed. Nothing. Just as she was about to go back upstairs into the world of the living a blast of cold air shook the room. A chilling wind tickled Celaena's spine. She stopped and turned around. The wind dropped as suddenly as it had came.

A young woman stepped into Celaena's view; she was beautiful, with tanned skin, curling brown hair and intelligent eyes. Celaena screamed.

Standing in front of her was Nehemia.