Dancing with nobody

When Celaena had walked into the ballroom with Chaol, she had immediately felt the Kings eyes on her. She cringed at the thought of his black eyes watching her every move. The whole point of coming to this ball was to find out some information concerning Eyllwe. However to do that they needed to mingle with the guests and possibly, Celaena grimaced, flirt with them. Chaol, on the other hand, had different ideas. He stood next to Celaena like a hawk; fending off anyone who wanted to dance with her. When Dorian came, Celaena had tried to wander off, but Chaol always managed to catch her. In the end, much to Dorians amusement, she had yelled at Chaol for keeping her with-strained. Chaol looking shocked had let her leave without comment.

As Celaena wandered throughout the vast ballroom she tried to listen in on people's conversation, but in vain. There was so much talk that it was difficult to pick out one conversation. Celaena was also a little insulted. Nobody had asked her to dance yet; but Celaena strongly suspected it was because of Chaol or her bewitching gown.

"Lilian!" A voice called out.

Celaena spun round to see where the voice had come from. She saw a young handsome man strutting towards her. Nox? Thought Celaena, what was he doing here?

The young man took off his raven mask and Celaena saw it was Nox, her ally during the Kings championships where she won her place as the Kings royal assassin.

"Nox." said Celaena as Nox bowed to her.