Laying on a bed of Roses

After Chaol had unwilling fetched Celaena her slippers, she took a bath, ate breakfast and read another book on Nehemia's culture and homeland. She needed some more information so she tried Chaol who was still hovering around her rooms like he had nothing else to do but Celaena thought is was just so he could see if she tried to sneak out again. He said he knew nothing and in a hurry left the room mumbling about meeting Dorian for training. The library might have some clues but Celaena strongly suspected the King had burnt all the books about Nehemia after her death. The last place Celaena could think of was Nehemia's grave. Calling for Phillipa, Celaena briskly walked into the dressing room.

As Phillipa brushed Celaena's long blonde hair, Celaena studied herself in the mirror. She looked stunning. Perfect she thought. Celaena couldn't wait to see Chaol's face as richly dressed men stared at her. She grinned wickedly to herself. Thanking Phillipa, Celaena left her rooms and waited impatiently for Chaol in the hallway. She considered going herself to the grave. Finally Chaol appeared with Dorian on his heels; they were out of breath and sweating.

"Finally, I was thinking about going myself!"

It was Dorian who replied: "We would never dream of keeping you waiting Celaena," he drawled. "Chaol was terrified."

"I was not!" Hissed Chaol at Dorian, but Celaena saw him blush. She grinned.

"Why are you here?" Celaena asked Dorian sweetly.

"Oh, to see you I guess." Dorian said idly. They grinned at each other as they knew it annoyed Chaol. Celaena was rewarded as Chaol flashed a look of jealously at Dorian.

"Shall we walk." said Dorian as he offer Celaena his arm. She took it.

"Yes we shall."

Celaena looked down at the unmarked grave. The King couldn't be bothered to have a headstone made for Nehemia. Celaena looked around for a sign or a small bit of information that would help her with her quest. Nothing. Finally Celaena decided nothing could be gleamed from the grave and sent Chaol to pick some roses from a nearby rose bush. She scattered the roses over the grave and thought it made it look like Nehemia was laying on a bed of roses. Satisfied Celaena left the grave in peace.