Hide and Seek

Celaena grabbed Chaol's shoulders and shook hard.
"Wh..What?" Mumbled Chaol, as he tried to turn over.
"Get up!" Hissed Celaena.
"Why should I?" He grunted, annoyed at his lack of sleep.
"Do you want to have your head removed from your body by the King?" Asked Celaena.
"What's going on?!" Said Chaol, suddenly fully alert.
"The soldiers are on board."
"That's bad."
"I wasn't saying it was good." Over their heads lots of shuffling was happening as the soldiers looked around. Celaena held her breath- would they come down here? Her question was answered as soon as she thought of it.

"Ress!" Yelled one soldier, "Look below deck!"
"Yes sir!" Replied Ress. Celeana glanced at Chaol, maybe they could convict Ress what they were doing was for the best. Celaena would hate to kill him.
They heard the stairs creak as Ress carefully descended, his sword drawn. Chaol rolled some barrels over as quietly as he could and settled them down near the corner of the 'lounge'. He disappeared briefly, before beaconing Celaena to join him. Has silently as a mouse she crept over to the barrels and moved next to Chaol. The barrels reeked like fish and Celaena wrinkled her nose.

"What?!" Hissed Chaol, "It was the best I could think of." Celaena opened her mouth to reply however Ress suddenly crashed into the room. Celaena listened him poking around the room and prayed the barrels smelt bad enough to keep him away.
"Chaol?" Whispered Ress, "Chaol!" Chaol remained silent and still.
"Please, Chaol, the King will kill me if you don't come with us." Celaena went to hold down Chaol but he was perfectly still, a crease in his forehead as he planned what to do next.

"I'll go." She told Chaol quietly. He nodded, his eyes speaking for him.
I love you. Be careful.
I know. Celaena smiled and slowly slithered from behind the barrel before Ress could see. She waited for Ress to turn around, and as he did so she struck- clamping her hand down on his mouth to stop him screaming in surprise. He looked up at her with wild eyes, and she felt very bad, before remembering he worked for the King and so could jeopardise their mission.

"Now, Ress," Said Celaena quietly, "I'm going to remove my hand- but if you make one move or say one word of warning to your friends upstairs you will find you throat slit. Am I understood?" She asked, indicating she had weapons that were swift and deadly strapped around her waist. Ress nodded. "Good." Celaena said, removing her hand.
Ress stared at her. "Why are you here, Lilian?" He asked in a hushed tone.
"My name is not Lilian." She replied, "My name is Celaena Sardothien."
Ress paled, his eyes wide and took a cautious step back. Towards the stairs.
"Don't you even try it." Celaena hissed, "For I will not hesitate to kill you." Ress gulped and moved away from the door.
"Thank you." Said Celaena pleasantly, "Now we can talk."