The Letter

Celaena gulped. She was scared of the King and she knew it. How was she going to stop him?

"Celaena?" Said Nox. She had completely forgotten he was there, dancing with her.

"Yes?" She said innocently.

"Oh...um...I just. Nothing." Celaena grinned.

"How did you find out about the King?" Celaena whispered. They waltzed to the edge of the dance floor and Celaena noticed Chaol was looking at her. His eyes were narrowed.

"I am working as a stable hand here in the castle and my master told me to deliver a message to a wealthy family here in Rifthold. He said it was to be kept secret and I should do it at night" Nox's grey eyes twinkled as he spoke: "my master didn't know I was a thief. He just thought I was a lowly stable boy and so he treated me like dirt"

"Treated?" Interrupted Celaena, hardly keeping the amusement out of her voice.

"I killed him" said Nox shrugging. "So as you can imagine, I wasn't going to do exactly what my master said, so I read the letter."

"What did it say?" Breathed Celaena, hardly keeping the excitement out of her voice.

"It said that the King was planning to rid Ellywe of its King and Queen before the end of the month as the Ellywe rebels were becoming troublesome and needed to be taught a lesson." Nox shuddered. "I wouldn't want to be ruling Ellywe right now"

Celaena was to engrossed in this information to reply to what Nox had said or even care. The music began to slow as the dance was coming to an end.

"You won't tell anyone will you? Asked Nox quickly.

"I swear on my life." replied Celaena. Nox's shoulders sagged with relief.

"One can criminal can always trust another criminal, eh Sardothien?" Celaena smirked.

"Defiantly."