Gate crashing a Ball

Celaena watched silently as Chaol raged at her.

"CELAENA HOW DARE YOU PLAN SOMETHING LIKE THIS WITHOUT TELLING ME! THE KING COUD KILL YOU! DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE OR WHAT YOUR DEATH WOULD DO TO ME!"

"Are you done yet?" Asked Celaena.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! CELAENA I LOVE YOU!! Screamed Chaol, "And I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

Chaol blushed a deep crimson colour the same as his tunic. Celaena looked at him and smiled; not her usual grin but a proper smile which Chaol thought transformed her face completely. She leaned over and kissed him.

"But I won't be doing this alone," she whispered, "I want you to come with me."

"What do you want me to do?"

Celaena explained the plan. Every day they would secretly steal food from the kitchens and built up a supply. Phillipa would buy everything else they would need and pack it for them. However Chaol had some other news: the king was holding the a ball and all of the noblemen in Erilea are invited.

"Chaol," crooned Celaena,"would you care to go to the ball with me?"

This ball was perfect timing. After a little wine all the secrets in Erilea would be spilt to Celaena, including information about Eyllwe and hopefully the plan for the assassination of Nehemia's parents.

Phillipa rushed to the shops as soon as she heard that Celaena was gate crashing a ball. Celaena told Phillipa nearly everything as the old lady was like a mother to her; a mother she never had. The whole of Rifthold was bustling with people as news of the ball spread like forest fire. It was a good thing Miss Sardothien told me early thought Phillipa. The ball was going to be a masquerade ball and so Phillipa wanted the very best for her little assassin. Not thought Phillipa that I would call her that anytime soon. She went into the nearest shop and marvelled at the gorgeous gowns that where on display.

Some time later Phillipa had managed to chose a dress for Celaena. It was a stunning velvet gown which dipped on the back. The gown was covered in gold leaf spiralling swirls and had a beautiful laced front. A matching mask completed the formidable dress. Celaena thought Phillipa would look like a Goddess.

That night Celaena stood in front of the mirror in the dazzling gown Phillipa had bought her. The dip at the back showed of her long whip scars she received from her overseer in Endovier. He had regretted that. A pick axe was all she had needed and an unmarked grave. Celaena smirked wickedly at the thought. He had deserved it. Chaol knocked at the door and Celaena let him in, even though she wasn't finished in beatifying herself. She wanted to look at imposing as possibly. Chaol took one look at Celaena and his mouth dropped open:

"Chaol, you are going to drawl all down your front if you don't stop gaping at me." said Celaena grinning. But secretly she liked it. That stopped him; his mouth snapped back quickly.

"You look..." Chaol couldn't seem to finish his sentence.

"Gorgeous, stunning, beautiful." Celaena listed, ticking them off her fingers.

Chaol grinned sheepishly.

"All three I suppose." he said, "shall we go?"

"Yes, we shall."