The Courtyard

Rolfe roared like a bull and Celaena was worried the King had heard them. However it was too noisy in the Ballroom to be heard so Celaena took on Rolfe willingly. She needed a fight, it would strengthen her as she had not fought a real fight in weeks. Rolfe charged at Celaena and she sidestepped him again making him madder. Celaena grasped the dagger which Phillipa had cleverly hidden under the folds in Celaena's ball gown. She waited for Rolfe to come at her again. Instead Rolfe unsheathed his sword, nearly half the size of Celaena, and whirled at her. Great thought Celaena, that will really attract attention. Celaena managed to catch a glimpse of the royal dais and found that it was unoccupied. Celaena's shoulders shagged with relief. Now she only had to deal with Rolfe. Celaena ran out of the Ballroom. She needed to get Rolfe to follow her as he could cause a massive disruption with that giant sword of his. Celaena stopped and looked behind her. Rolfe was following her. Idiot.

Celaena looked around her; she had run outside into the courtyard outside the Ballroom. The darkness shadowed half of the courtyard, as only the stars were present, looking down at her. The moon was gone. Celaena welcomed the darkness, it was her friend and ally. These were perfect conditions to fight Rolfe.

"Do we have a coward in our presence?" said Rolfe and Celaena realised he had brought his two nasty looking henchmen.

"The only coward I see is standing right in front of me. Couldn't fight a seventeen year old girl without somebody to hold your hand could you, Rolfe?" Rolfe clicked his fingers and both the henchmen drew their swords and advanced on Celaena. She grinned at them. Blood was about to be spilt. And it would be theirs.