Chapter 24 - Life goes on

Chapter 24

Life goes on

It has been six weeks since I came back and everything was just as wonderful as I had left. I had accepted Lance's job offer and I know worked as Yogtowers official 'intern', running errands, getting food and drinks for everyone, helping out with technical stuff. I worked at Yogtwoers Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday; and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I worked as a security guard for the local museum. I was payed pretty well at both jobs.

I hummed the revised Diggy Diggy Hole song as I sped back to Yogtowers on my inline skates and carrying a large backpack and a duffle bag both filled with post from the PO box. I swung around a corner and was stopped mid skate by someone I hadn't seen in a long while, Tiff. "Seamus?! I didn't expect to see you here." She said and my eyes wandered to her neck, she was wearing the locket, I smiled because I knew she had forgiven me "I'm just going back to the office." I said, motioning at the post. "That's cool." Tiff said and smiled slightly, that's when I took my chance. "Do you want to grab coffee later?" I asked and she brightened up immediately brightened up "I'd love that!" "Great! I'll meet you at four outside Joe's?" I said and she nodded "See you there." And we went out separate ways.

I continued my path back to the office when I was stopped a second time by seeing a group of people. Boys and girls, two of which I recognized. Ollie with Bigby?! "Oi!" I shouted and Bigby looked over at me, his 'Oh shit' face appearing as I approached. "Look, Seamus, I'm not living with Cap anymore. I've got a job now and I've got Ollie." I got quieter and quieter as he neared the end of his sentence. "That's great, mate. I just thought it was odd to see you out. But it that's the reason." I said and smiled, ruffling Bigby's hair and telling Ollie i'd see her back home, I sped off back to the office with a grin.

I paced outside Joe's coffee shop at 4 in the afternoon, waiting for Tiff. I looked up when I heard my name and saw her heading my way. I smiled and we entered together. "I'm glad you accepted. It's nice to see you again." I said when we say down and ordered. "Yeah. I got your package. It's very nice." Tiff said and smiled "Glad you like it." I said and smiled back. We chatted for a very long while and by the time we thought it a good time to leave it was dark outside. "It was nice seeing you again." I said once we were outside of the shop "You too." Tiff said "Maybe we can do it again sometime." She smiled. I smiled back and she went on her tip toes and pecked me on the cheek "I'm happy you're back." She said and hailed a cab. I beamed from ear to ear and headed back home.

Next day I walked in to the office next day and as I approached Lance's room I heard music. "What's wrong?" I said as I swung open the door and saw him leaning back in his chair. "What'd'you mean?" He grumbled and I sighed. I entered the office and closed the door behind me "You only play ABBA when you're worried." I said and he swung around to face me "Have you seen Mickey's girlfriend yet?" He said and I shook my head "How long have they been going out?" I asked and Lance came back with the answer if three years. "So what's wrong, then?" I asked and Lance sighed, taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes "I told him I'm okay with it and I'm really not." He said into his hands "Who is she?" I asked and Lance looked at me with a face filled with hatred "Jesse fucking Troy." He said and I was taken aback. Usually when Lance swore it was in a joking manner but this time it was pure hatred "So there is some bad blood between you and this Jesse Troy." I said and he nodded "Way more than you can guess." Lance said and swiftly left the office. "Wait!" I called but it was too late. Jesse Troy...I swear I've heard that name before, something to do with Owen the failed football player.

That afternoon I was in a live action video that was shot in the office and that was pretty fun. After we were done I got a phone call that I went outside to answer "This is Seamus." I said and Tiff was on the other end "Hi, Seamus. I was wondering if you'd like to go out for dinner tonight?" She said and smiled "I'd enjoy that very much." I said and she chuckled before saying to meet her at the top if Ash Hill at 8pm. "See you there." I said and we both said our goodbyes before hanging up. Things were taking a turn for the better.

At 8pm I was at the top of Ash Hill looking for Tiff. "Over here!" I heard her call and walked in that direction to see a blue convertible with Tiff seated in the drivers side. "Nice car." I said and hopped into the passengers seat. "Thanks." She said and I noticed that the back two seats folded down and she had set up a sort of picnic. "If I remember correctly you love the stars." Said and and smiled. "You remember correctly." I said and smiled and we both migrated to the back and started to eat. Once all the food was gone we lay there on our backs watching the stars. "Tiff" I said and she turned her head to look at me with my head now propped up on my arm "Yeah?" She said "I love you." I said and kissed her. Everything was silent for what seemed like years before we pulled apart and I saw her smiling. "I love you too." She said and I twined her fingers with mine. "Do you want to try this again?" I asked and she nodded "I'd love that." She said and we kissed again. My life was definitely getting much better.

The return of Teamus! Sorry this took so long to get out. If you have any feedback or suggestions for future chapters please comment :)

- Jo